• The KillerFrogs

The ESPN Oracle has spoken...

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Mrs. Brewingfrog turned on Gameday this morning. Normally, I would rather visit the dentist than watch their commercial-a-palooza, but it was on where I couldn't miss it. During the time I was scrambling up some eggs and bacon, they held a "discussion" concerning "the path to the CFP."

Now, I hatey-hate-hate ESPN. The main reason for this is that they have absolute control over the CFP, yet portray themselves as disinterested observers in their commentary and observations. Yet, this morning, they pretty much laid out what they expect, and it was what we expected: TCU loses, they are out.

It's just that simple. The Frogs must win out. No other Conference, or Team, is being treated in this fashion. They pimped a 2-loss LSU as "in" if they win out. Any other Conference Champ with 1-loss is "in" but lowly TCU must win out to even have consideration.

So, there it is. There's ESPN's agenda, and conditions.

TCUWIN

Mrs. Brewingfrog turned on Gameday this morning. Normally, I would rather visit the dentist than watch their commercial-a-palooza, but it was on where I couldn't miss it. During the time I was scrambling up some eggs and bacon, they held a "discussion" concerning "the path to the CFP."

Now, I hatey-hate-hate ESPN. The main reason for this is that they have absolute control over the CFP, yet portray themselves as disinterested observers in their commentary and observations. Yet, this morning, they pretty much laid out what they expect, and it was what we expected: TCU loses, they are out.

It's just that simple. The Frogs must win out. No other Conference, or Team, is being treated in this fashion. They pimped a 2-loss LSU as "in" if they win out. Any other Conference Champ with 1-loss is "in" but lowly TCU must win out to even have consideration.

While openly rooting for a Texas “upset” Today while being a 7-point favorite and at home.

McGregor's Goat

I think Clemson is generally considered "out" even if they win out and win the ACC. Part of that is that the ACC sucks this year and Clemson has looked pretty mediocre. But I agree that TCU has to go undefeated to make the playoff, which is never true of the SEC or Ohio State.

That’s not entirely true. A couple of them said that a one loss TCU could get in.

Wexahu

I think Clemson is generally considered "out" even if they win out and win the ACC. Part of that is that the ACC sucks this year and Clemson has looked pretty mediocre. But I agree that TCU has to go undefeated to make the playoff, which is never true of the SEC or Ohio State.
It’s very likely that a 1-loss SEC team doesn’t make the playoff this year. Not sure what you’re talking about.

ShadowFrog

Moderators

Did she mix the bloody Mary’s while you cooked?

McGregor's Goat

It’s very likely that a 1-loss SEC team doesn’t make the playoff this year. Not sure what you’re talking about.
I'm talking about a 1-loss conference champion. There's no scenario where a 1-loss SEC champion would miss the playoff. Ohio State can miss the playoff with 1 loss, but not as a one-loss conference champion. I agree that Tennessee can miss the playoff this year with 1 loss, but they're probably the first 1-loss non-conference champion in when/if it comes to that. I don't know what would happen between Oregon and Tennessee if they both have 1 loss and Oregon is Pac-12 champion.

helcap

Wexahu discussing anything Ohio State related

images