• The KillerFrogs

Dan Patrick reports SDSU to Pac 12

Frog-in-law1995

This is unsurprising.

Many have taken the SDSU spin of the “on campus stadium” hook, line, and sinker.

They didn’t actually build an on-campus stadium. They built a satellite campus. The equivalent of TCU opening a “research campus” at Alliance, throwing up a stadium, and calling it an “on campus stadium.”

We should do that. Edit: wait, what an I thinking??? Too many people up here already. And when that new HEB drops…yikes.

This is unsurprising.

Many have taken the SDSU spin of the “on campus stadium” hook, line, and sinker.

They didn’t actually build an on-campus stadium. They built a satellite campus. The equivalent of TCU opening a “research campus” at Alliance, throwing up a stadium, and calling it an “on campus stadium.”

I believe their plan is for that campus to have residences and just as many students as the main campus. Kind of like Tarleton off the tollway, sans stadium.

TCUdirtbag

I believe their plan is for that campus to have residences and just as many students as the main campus. Kind of like Tarleton off the tollway, sans stadium.
That’s definitely not my understanding of the intent (which is the stadium, Tech transfer, research park, collaboration district, affordable and multi-family housing, public space, commercial and PPP development, transit, etc., and *some* student housing) but even if so it’ll take a very long time for them to develop a fully-functional second/equivalent campus.

Creeperfrog

Had Amon Carter been 4 miles from campus, safe to say, I would not have walked to the games from the dorms. (or probably bothered to bus)
Agree. Being in milton i missed a couple of games due to the Friday nights. I could crawl to the stadium from milton, no way making it to an off site stadium, as a student

East Coast

Tier 1
Oh we absolutely will see opt outs from players for playoff teams.

I think a lot of opt outs are more because of ego than actually opting out because it is warranted. So many fringe NFL draft players opt out more of a "hey look at me I am too good to play in this bowl, I am above it", not because they are a strong NFL prospect.
Opt out and any NIL money not directly related to product endorsement/appearances should stop. I would certainly put that into any NIL contract I put together.

TCUdirtbag

the school and the stadium are like 4 miles apart--no big deal
Imagine doubling the distance from Baylor’s main campus to the old Floyd Casey Stadium then adding San Diego California gridlock. It is a big deal, and it is decidedly NOT an on-campus stadium.

It’s literally on the site of the old Chargers stadium. Which was identically NOT an on-campus stadium.

It’s a very relevant distinction in conference expansion and analysis of an emerging school’s athletic potential.

They have rail from the SDSU Student Union to the new SDSU Mission Valley Campus/Snapdragon Stadium. The rail time between the two appears to be 9 minutes.

Last edited:

TCUdirtbag

They have rail from the SDSU Student Union to the new SDSU Mission Valley Campus/Snapdragon Stadium. The rail time between the two appears to be 9 minutes.
My read is the San Diego public tram takes more like 20+. But nevertheless this just highlights “not an on campus stadium.” Not to mention, the 35k seat stadium can’t even hold their entire student body - which isn’t an issue since they’re averaging < 30k reported attendance.

Surprised by those defending SDSU. Clearly not a P5 caliber program. It’s a lower floor and ceiling U of H with less history of relevance and off campus venues in a state where fewer people watch football.