• The KillerFrogs

A selfish request from all of you

Frog45

Ticket Exchange Pass
Thursday night going into Friday... Let's all go do our best rain dances outside.

I need enough rain to cancel my daughter's soccer game on Saturday. It's at 1 p.m. and I coach the team. So no getting out of it if they play.

Thank you for your help in this endeavor. Go Frogs.

Ron Swanson

Thursday night going into Friday... Let's all go do our best rain dances outside.

I need enough rain to cancel my daughter's soccer game on Saturday. It's at 1 p.m. and I coach the team. So no getting out of it if they play.

Just skip the soccer game and have some other dad coach that day. My daughters baseball coach missed like three games last year for various reasons. No one gave a ship.

Frog45

Ticket Exchange Pass
Just skip the soccer game and have some other dad coach that day. My daughters baseball coach missed like three games last year for various reasons. No one gave a ship.
One mom would do cartwheels because I told her across the field rather loudly I didn't need her help coaching from the sidelines. But the kiddo would be devastated.

I promise to all of you I will not put them on StubHub if it comes to that. I would rather no one sit there then someone in red.

Eight

shouldn't any request for torrential rains be confined to a specific zip code as to avoid any impairment of the playing surface at the carter?

understand where the sentiment comes from, but if the only way derius and the rest of the frogs get a fast track and dry ball on saturday is you take the hit for the good of this program, this board, and west dallas.....really isn't much of a decision

froginmn

Is there a hydrant you could open close enough to the field? Or a nearby spigot that could be connected to a very long garden hose? Sprinklers on the field that could have valves accidentally held open?

Let's use some creativity here folks!

Frog45

Ticket Exchange Pass
shouldn't any request for torrential rains be confined to a specific zip code as to avoid any impairment of the playing surface at the carter?

understand where the sentiment comes from, but if the only way derius and the rest of the frogs get a fast track and dry ball on saturday is you take the hit for the good of this program, this board, and west dallas.....really isn't much of a decision
Good point. Let’s focus on southern Denton County.

I'm in the same boat. 1 PM game. It was rescheduled from last week. This is the last game. If all else fails I can go to the game until about 12:15 and then make it back about 2:10. And I would skip it but his mother and I just got into a huge fight about priorities the other day and it would be a bad look on my part if I missed.

FrogAbroad

I understand your angst, amigo...really, I do. You're in a tough spot with no easy way out. But here's a wee bit of food for thought from my own experience, years and years ago.

I loved playing football. I was never very good at it, never good enough to even sniff a scholorship like my dad, but I loved everything about it, even the practices. But there was one disappointment, and it took me awhile to get over it. My dad never saw me play even one down. He was committed to his job, which at that time required lots of travel away from home. If he was home on Saturdays he'd usually be found at his office clearing up correspondence and shuffling through reports. I wished then -- and wish now, some 65 years later -- that he'd been there for one or two of those few games that constitute my football career. But...he had other commitments. As I matured and better understood the pressures he was undergoing at that point in our family history I learned to deal with my childhood disappointment. But still...well...I wish hed been there.

I don't know what kind of coach you are...I don't know what kind of fan you are. You may be the greatest at both, or maybe you're nothing more than a warm body among many others. But whatever you are in those two facets of your life, you're still, and always will be, Daddy to someone. Make it count, amigo, make it count.

froginmn

I'm in the same boat. 1 PM game. It was rescheduled from last week. This is the last game. If all else fails I can go to the game until about 12:15 and then make it back about 2:10. And I would skip it but his mother and I just got into a huge fight about priorities the other day and it would be a bad look on my part if I missed.
LOL this reminds me that during my...I think... sophomore year, I went in with three other guys to coach a YMCA soccer team near downtown FW. After the first week I came back for the second game and we drove separately (think I was coming back from a party at TWU up there in Denton).

Well it turns out that I was the only one committed so I did that week (and I think the last three after that) by myself. Had some great players and they not only went undefeated, they didn't allow a goal all year. In one of the later games I had tried to position my best players on defense but one of them got the ball and went solo down field.

This was coed and there was a small and meek girl in goal. I remember thinking "just don't hit her with the shot" right up until the ball hit her.

In the face.

Oof.

froginmn

I understand your angst, amigo...really, I do. You're in a tough spot with no easy way out. But here's a wee bit of food for thought from my own experience, years and years ago.

I loved playing football. I was never very good at it, never good enough to even sniff a scholorship like my dad, but I loved everything about it, even the practices. But there was one disappointment, and it took me awhile to get over it. My dad never saw me play even one down. He was committed to his job, which at that time required lots of travel away from home. If he was home on Saturdays he'd usually be found at his office clearing up correspondence and shuffling through reports. I wished then -- and wish now, some 65 years later -- that he'd been there for one or two of those few games that constitute my football career. But...he had other commitments. As I matured and better understood the pressures he was undergoing at that point in our family history I learned to deal with my childhood disappointment. But still...well...I wish hed been there.

I don't know what kind of coach you are...I don't know what kind of fan you are. You may be the greatest at both, or maybe you're nothing more than a warm body among many others. But whatever you are in those two facets of your life, you're still, and always will be, Daddy to someone. Make it count, amigo, make it count.
Wow you said it brother! Sorry that happened to you. I used to prioritize work more than I should, although I also coached my kids often. I said at the time, nobody ever says when they're old, "I wish I would have worked more."

Don't love the idea of missing a big game either but you're 100% on the money here.

@Frog45 - are there brownie points at stake with your wife, so you have another good reason in case the field somehow survives?

HToady

Big not really noon Saturday will be raining any other time of the day that top 10 teams should be playing it will be just fine...

Limey Frog

You know, once they cross the white line you can't really help them. Just send her to the game with a team sheet/formation and an encouraging personal note wishing them well.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Is there a hydrant you could open close enough to the field? Or a nearby spigot that could be connected to a very long garden hose? Sprinklers on the field that could have valves accidentally held open?

Let's use some creativity here folks!
loop GIF

Pharm Frog

Not sure what time a kid’s soccer coach gets to the field but may consider attending the game prior to yours and causing sufficient ruckus to get banned for the weekend. Even better if one of the teams that’s playing in the preceding game is your rival…you can cause the heat to be on that team.