• The KillerFrogs

Question about Zach Evans not playing

Prince of Purpoole II

Reigning Smartarse
meh.

He gone

Amazon Studios GIF by Amazon Prime Video

PineyWoodsFrog

It's amazing with all the resources and time programs put into recruiting that a kid like him can fall through the cracks like he did. He's been good since the day he stepped on campus.
Fellow East Texan here...that area does not get recruited heavily. One thing I can say about Jarrett Anderson is that he was very good at finding those diamonds in the rough in East Texas and Louisiana. Lonta Hobbs is a prime example.

LVH

Fellow East Texan here...that area does not get recruited heavily. One thing I can say about Jarrett Anderson is that he was very good at finding those diamonds in the rough in East Texas and Louisiana. Lonta Hobbs is a prime example.
Is Lonta Hobbs still in jail?

Eight

there are some athletes out of timpson, center, and rusk though i doubt many d-1 that don't somehow drift a bit to the state line and end up at carthage

you do have to be going there or somewhere nearby because that isn't a road you just happen to take like say, 69

Virginia Frog

He had an "injury" for us last year too. Turns out he was just playing the Price is Right. I told this to Ole Miss fans and they just called me a jealous sour grapes hater.
It's very possible that ZE goes "pro"after this season. I don't think he's any more loyal to OleMiss than to TCU.

It appears that "college" is just an obstacle for him in his pathway to the pros. The rationing (decided in advance # of carries, and potentially "overstating" injuries) of his play seems to be caused by a want to avoid injury so he can get to his big payday in the NFL.

Maybe that is his best plan for success so I can't dog him any.

Last edited:

Wexahu

It's very possible that ZE goes "pro"after this season. I don't think he's any more loyal to OleMiss than to TCU.)

It appears the "college" is just an obstacle for him in his pathway to the pros. The rationing (decided in advance # of carries, and potentially "overstating" injuries) of his play seems to be caused by a want to avoid injury so he can get to his big payday in the NFL.

Maybe that is his best plan for success so I can't dog him any.
I would think he needs to prove a bit more before someone is going to take him too high, but who knows. He's projected as a 2nd or 3rd rounder right now I believe. Given the position he plays and his "injury" and off-the-field history, I'd be very leery of drafting him that high if I were a GM.

Big paydays for Day 2 picks don't come until after Year 4.

Frog Attack II

My personal feel is that the more you play, (without getting hurt) the tougher you get. If he's worried about getting hurt before the NFL, and he plays less, then there is zero chance he can stay healthy in the NFL. RB's better make their $ early now, because they are a dime a dozen these days. He should be seen as a guy that has skills, and shows flashes, but doesn't play a lot and gets hurt for long stretches of time. Give me Miller every time!

FrogUltimate

I think ZE has a very calculated plan ever since he became a cyborg athlete in high school with absurd NFL level testing stats along with production. He’s done enough in college to back it up to a degree and basically guarantee he gets drafted in the top 3 or 4 rounds.

I wouldn’t touch him in the draft at any round. But he is the type of guy who could turn the switch in NFL and be Alvin Kamara