• The KillerFrogs

Question on UT's Patterson

HFrog1999

He should really limit the conversations to Kelcey about his D's performance.

…and she’ll like it too

FeistyImpossibleFlies-size_restricted.gif

Eight

“Petty” enough? That’s some [ deposit from a bull that looks like Art Briles ] right there, Eight. He doesn’t deserve that. “Pissed off” enough…maybe.

the manner in which the last four years played out might seem to indicate something different, things like the cumbie press conference for example, his tweets about rusty burns but i keep waiting to see anything about how the tcu safeties have played this year under a coach who he helped get started on his career and is at tcu in large part because of gary bringing him there

curious what he what he would have to be pissed off about as his time at tcu ended because of self inflicted wounds to the program

Dogfrog

I suspect he is more than just a "consultant" at this point in terms of his value to them. I must say, I was a bit surprised to see him running up and down the sidelines as if he were in charge. Maybe old habits die hard, but the optics on this makes one wonder.
I always heard that a consultant could not actively coach at practices. I assumed that meant they could not be on the sidelines at games. Someone explained here that during games, the restriction is they can be on the sideline but cannot wear a headset. It’s confusing, especially if he is interacting with players on the sideline.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
I always heard that a consultant could not actively coach at practices. I assumed that meant they could not be on the sidelines at games. Someone explained here that during games, the restriction is they can be on the sideline but cannot wear a headset. It’s confusing, especially if he is interacting with players on the sideline.
It's UT.

Rule #1.) The rules do not apply to UT.

For all other queries, refer back to Rule #1.

CardFrog

2-2 counts as "Texas is back". Sark ain't going nowhere.
LHCGMFP gives defense enough to keep the wheels from falling off.
And he's got a burning hate to wreak havoc against TCU.
A burning hate.

How will that play out? My bet is on LHCGMFP to get his revenge.
Well it would have to be in the playoffs because they be gone from the 12.

Eight

one big key for me when we talk about a program hiring gary is that it isn't a matter of what he individually brings to the table, his knowledge of the game, ability to teach etc....

agree with bleednpurple in that at one time i did think gary AND his staff could potentially deliver a national title to a program. when the tcu program was really rolling at its peak they had a damn good coaching staff, but.....

since sonny has taken over the tcu program there have been significantly changes in every aspect of the program and we have gotten to see just how far behind the tcu football program has fallen in multiple areas and the success on the field is as much a byproduct of those organizational and structural changes as coaching and scheme

gary himself has admitted that when he got to texas he was introduced in ways to do things he had not considered. the gamble there for any program is in less than a season has gary absorbed enough from sark to evolve gary's thoughts on how to run a program in all aspects, deal with the media and fanbases, and not just coach one side of the ball.

finally, if and when gary interviews for a hc position, at some point the issue of staff will come up, the question about who will call plays, heck oversee s&c, set up recruiting etc...

how deep is the proverbial rolodex for gary, might be very wrong, but i don't see him putting a staff together without a few friendly faces so to speak.

might be completely wrong on all of this, but the history for the most part is gary has hired who he knows and those hires are critical.

much of venables defensive hires are the result of bad staff hires and we have seen the impact of making good hires.

just seems to me at a p5 school the hc hire is so much more than one person doing one job

FrogByBirth

Ticket Exchange Pass
Poor ole Gary, he just can't seem to let the water run off his back. He needs to be "seen." TCU's rejection wasn't what ANYBODY wanted - I know it was hard to take, but making a fool of oneself deserves pity.

Patterson got what he deserved here at TCU. Head in the sand, making $5m+ and wont be told what to do.
Even though your recent teams sucked and your coaching staff sucked even longer, he wasn't going to be told what and how to do things.

He embarrassed himself and the University and he refused to go out and find new, fresh coaching minds and so was told to take a walk!!!

KUDO's to whomever had the balls to tell him "you're out!"

There is NO FRIGGING way GMFP will ever be the head coach of the Univ of Texas. PERIOD. He doesn't have the polish, and won't ever learn how to be a true HC, versus a glorified DC.

Head in sand, keep it there for all I care!!!!

Virginia Frog

Patterson got what he deserved here at TCU. Head in the sand, making $5m+ and wont be told what to do.

He embarrassed himself and the University and he refused to go out and find new, fresh coaching minds and so was told to take a walk!!!
Precisely.

I was a GP fan. I didn't want him to be ousted. He disappointed me in his "exit strategy" which was less a strategy and more of a temper tantrum. It was really uncool.

I still wish him well...and another job as HC. I don't believe he's a bad guy in any way.

Toad Jones

EGO causes more problems than all the tea in China.
The occasional, small one-liners coming in as post remarks from Gary. Those are not coming from Gary, but from Kelsey. Bet one hundred tacos on that. I'd win that bet.
She's more butt hurt than Gary. Boy, it's going to be a fun Saturday when we play UT.

Toad Jones

Even though your recent teams sucked and your coaching staff sucked even longer, he wasn't going to be told what and how to do things.

KUDO's to whomever had the balls to tell him "you're out!"

There is NO FRIGGING way GMFP will ever be the head coach of the Univ of Texas. PERIOD. He doesn't have the polish, and won't ever learn how to be a true HC, versus a glorified DC.

Head in sand, keep it there for all I care!!!!
One of the truest on target post in a month.

Sangria Wine

HCSD is off to a great start after the OU win. That sets up a 7 win season if the rest go “as expected” by outsiders, but the possibility of catching a comet and having a really special season is in sight if another couple of upsets could be strung together.

In the Deep South they say “a new broom always sweeps good.” Maybe SD is a long term success. Maybe he flops. Maybe he leaves for a bigger program. Who the heck knows at this point. He’s off to the best start imaginable at this point.

It’s not GP’s program anymore and he’s been gone a while now. It’s as if some of y’all NEED Gary to fail in order to further validate the move away from him. Perhaps the cards are that both TCU and Gary are better in the end. What is HCSD wins a B12 conference title and GP ends up the head coach at Texas and they end up winning in the SEC? What difference does that make to any of you?

Toad Jones

Precisely.

I was a GP fan. I didn't want him to be ousted. He disappointed me in his "exit strategy" which was less a strategy and more of a temper tantrum. It was really uncool.

I still wish him well...and another job as HC. I don't believe he's a bad guy in any way.
His demise started five years ago and was in troubling waters the last two years! But...it was his inability to adapt and listen that caught up to him.

Toad Jones

HCSD is off to a great start after the OU win. That sets up a 7 win season if the rest go “as expected” by outsiders, but the possibility of catching a comet and having a really special season is in sight if another couple of upsets could be strung together.

In the Deep South they say “a new broom always sweeps good.” Maybe SD is a long term success. Maybe he flops. Maybe he leaves for a bigger program. Who the heck knows at this point. He’s off to the best start imaginable at this point.

It’s not GP’s program anymore and he’s been gone a while now. It’s as if some of y’all NEED Gary to fail in order to further validate the move away from him. Perhaps the cards are that both TCU and Gary are better in the end. What is HCSD wins a B12 conference title and GP ends up the head coach at Texas and they end up winning in the SEC? What difference does that make to any of you?
You could not have scripted a better beginning for Dykes and his assistants* Really enjoy hearing from his coach's and letting the players speak out.

N my book, those assistant r doing one great job. You can visibly see improvement every week from the kids .

Prince of Purpoole II

Reigning Smartarse
The occasional, small one-liners coming in as post remarks from Gary. Those are not coming from Gary, but from Kelsey. Bet one hundred tacos on that. I'd win that bet.
She's more butt hurt than Gary. Boy, it's going to be a fun Saturday when we play UT.
The wives are always pissed more and longer