• The KillerFrogs

And … they’re done! Ponies no more.

Horny4TCU

Online Dating Lose GIF

Buncha soft losers.

Being able to play football is an extremely limited gift. Every down is precious and it goes away too fast

Anyone who doesn’t appreciate the chance to continue playing in college is an idiot
This all goes with the current culture of transitioning into what you feel you are...

LVH

Reminds me of when D'Eriq King did this at UH after they lost 2 games to "save" himself for the next season and Dana went along with it.

And he transferred out anyway.

Dana should have been fired right then and there. Any coach who allows this should be fired on the spot. If I were Rhett Lashlee I'd kick these guys off the team immediately and ban them from facilities.

Zubaz

Headline seems more sensational than the story, IMO. It's two players. One of them is a sophomore Wide Receiver with 2 catches, the other is a Senior safety who is barely playing and has 3 tackles. This isn't star players sitting because they are on a bad team, this is two players that saw their playing time reduced either by the coaching change or the players the new staff brought in via the portal, and are moving somewhere where they can actually play.

Last edited:

Opintel

Moderators
I had a few losers who worked for me back in the USN days. After a "discussion", they either squared away (a couple went for three days of bread and water, that was fun) or transferred to a division less enjoyable...unless you like chipping paint. Two actually were released from active duty (without the participation ribbon). Tight ship.

JogginFrog

Any coach who allows this should be fired on the spot. If I were Rhett Lashlee I'd kick these guys off the team immediately and ban them from facilities.
This is the only approach. You have to send the message to players and recruits that they are all in or all out. Transfer after the season if you want, but announce in season and no weight room, no training table, no tutoring, etc.

NIL contracts will catch up to this, too. It'd be a bad look to see boosters suing players for non-compliance, but they'll learn to limit up-front money and spread the distribution over time.

I just don't get it from the players' perspective. Desperate lower-level schools may pick up guys like this from the portal, but telling D1 coaches that you aren't willing to do the work without assurance of playing time seems like a good way to reduce your opportunities. Both lazy and short-sighted.

CardFrog

This could literally happen to any team and will be the death knell of college football if left unchecked. Even pros have a commitment they need to live by to get their money (called a contract) and NIL should have some form or fashion of this or this will continue to happen.