• The KillerFrogs

2022 MLB Thread*

Zubaz

Not "woke" enough for you?
Juicers are cheaters. Period.
I was just making a joke that Maris saw his accomplishment diminished with a "split" record for some asinine reason. It's odd that his heirs wouldn't recognize that. But sure, we can have that conversation.

As someone else pointed out, it's just weird to single out players for one set of "cheating" circumstances, but everyone else is in the clear with their records. We can celebrate a guy in Babe Ruth that played when they literally outlawed minorities from the game, or the hitters and pitchers both in Maris' era who were on Meth....er I mean "greenies", but the 90's power hitters are so beyond the pale because of their PED use even though they technically didn't violate any MLB policy? Sorry, not buying it. The record is the record.

(Judge's accomplishments are still incredibly impressive and worth celebrating, obviously).

Eight

I was just making a joke that Maris saw his accomplishment diminished with a "split" record for some asinine reason. It's odd that his heirs wouldn't recognize that. But sure, we can have that conversation.

As someone else pointed out, it's just weird to single out players for one set of "cheating" circumstances, but everyone else is in the clear with their records. We can celebrate a guy in Babe Ruth that played when they literally outlawed minorities from the game, or the hitters and pitchers both in Maris' era who were on Meth....er I mean "greenies", but the 90's power hitters are so beyond the pale because of their PED use even though they technically didn't violate any MLB policy? Sorry, not buying it. The record is the record.

(Judge's accomplishments are still incredibly impressive and worth celebrating, obviously).

the other thing of note is that those comments come from the son of roger maris and not the guy who broke the record

LisaLT

What Judge has accomplished is truly amazing. Just him staying healthy this season is a miracle. I do hope he hits #62 while in NY so the fans get to see the record go. Otherwise I hope he slams several in TX!

Bob Sugar

What Judge has accomplished is truly amazing. Just him staying healthy this season is a miracle. I do hope he hits #62 while in NY so the fans get to see the record go. Otherwise I hope he slams several in TX!
A miracle? He played 148 games last year. He's now tied with Maris for the 7th most homers in a season.

LisaLT

A miracle? He played 148 games last year. He's now tied with Maris for the 7th most homers in a season.
He’s had injuries and stretches where he missed a lot of games. In the American League he’s tied for the most. Season isn’t over yet either. Several of those top hitters were steroid monsters. Not Judge. Doesn’t need to cheat to win.

Bob Sugar

He’s had injuries and stretches where he missed a lot of games. In the American League he’s tied for the most. Season isn’t over yet either. Several of those top hitters were steroid monsters. Not Judge. Doesn’t need to cheat to win.
Jon Hamm Yes GIF

Eight

will be interesting to see if judge wins the batting title as he is currently tied for the lead

during lunch a friend mentioned that he feels cabrera's season in 2012 is getting slighted when judge is being credited with the greatest modern offensive season of all time

couldn't recall if fielder hit in front or behind cabrera for detroit

bmoney214

OUCH!!!
Disapprove The Tonight Show GIF

I hope he hits one so I can catch it and throw it back on the field so I can piss all those skankees fans off!!!!

Last edited:

LisaLT

I hope we intentionally walk his ass every atbat so Lowe of the Rangers has a chance to catch him for the batting title lmao!!!
They won’t don’t that. It would be silly and poor sportsmanship. I can’t see the Rangers stooping to that level.