• The KillerFrogs

TCU opens at +6.5

tx004

Seems pretty fair. Will be up to the offense to make it a 4 quarter game. I do think OU will come out swinging since they probably see it as a must-win game. This is the best offense the defense has faced by a decent margin, so I’m interested to see how they hold up.

tx004

They are going to come out much faster and harder than if they had beaten Kansas state. They must win this game. I wish they had beaten Kansas State, it would have made things easier for us.
They’ve lost back-to-back Big 12 games only once since 1999. Mind-blowing stat. I do agree that them losing to KSU was the worst outcome for TCU. Had they pulled out the win, there may have been a chance that they would peek ahead to Texas.

Pharm Frog

They are going to come out much faster and harder than if they had beaten Kansas state. They must win this game. I wish they had beaten Kansas State, it would have made things easier for us.
I’m thrilled they lost. Couldn’t be happier about it. And I figure they are just as likely to be depressed about losing so early as they are fired up and focused. They got whipped physically by KSU…and played stupidly. Maybe that’s who they are and we’ll see if the Frogs are ready to whip them. If not then it wasn’t gonna happen regardless

tx004

I’m thrilled they lost. Couldn’t be happier about it. And I figure they are just as likely to be depressed about losing so early as they are fired up and focused. They got whipped physically by KSU…and played stupidly. Maybe that’s who they are and we’ll see if the Frogs are ready to whip them. If not then it wasn’t gonna happen regardless
Meh. My main concern is the d-line matched up with their o-line. I could see them running for 250+ and controlling the game. They rushed for 220 against KSU and they have a much bigger d-line. The secondary against their receivers is another matchup I’m concerned about. Dykes was saying after the game that they tried everything to stop Mordecai’s passing attack, but nothing would work. OU, for all their flaws, has way more explosive athletes than SMU, particularly Mims and Wease, so this is a concern of mine.

CountryFrog

Meh. My main concern is the d-line matched up with their o-line. I could see them running for 250+ and controlling the game. They rushed for 220 against KSU and they have a much bigger d-line. The secondary against their receivers is another matchup I’m concerned about. Dykes was saying after the game that they tried everything to stop Mordecai’s passing attack, but nothing would work. OU, for all their flaws, has way more explosive athletes than SMU, particularly Mims and Wease, so this is a concern of mine.
Certainly many things to be concerned about with the Frog defense against the OU offense. Also many things to be concerned about for OU going up against our offense. Could be an old school Big 12 shootout.

Bob Sugar

FWIW, the Action Network (a paid gambling analysis site), has TCU tied for 12 in their bettor rankings, with OU as just a 2 point favorite on a neutral field. Not surprised one of their writers already bet the line when it touched TCU +7. I'd love to get it at 7.5 or better if I can.

Moose Stuff

That last part about Mordecai sounds 100% like coach speak.

CardFrog

This game will come down to turnovers....that was the difference in the SMU game, we got 2 they got 0. If we win that battle we win the game. IMHO

82 Frog Fever

They’ve lost back-to-back Big 12 games only once since 1999. Mind-blowing stat. I do agree that them losing to KSU was the worst outcome for TCU. Had they pulled out the win, there may have been a chance that they would peek ahead to Texas.
The only effect of OU’s loss is it eliminates any remote possibility of OU overlooking TCU.
After that, for all we know, the K.St. loss may be more of a confidence blow than a motivation.
They have great players, but not so sure about their team. A fast start out of the gate by TCU in this game could be a big gut punch to OU.

Bob Sugar

The only effect of OU’s loss is it eliminates any remote possibility of OU overlooking TCU.
After that, for all we know, the K.St. loss may be more of a confidence blow than a motivation.
They have great players, but not so sure about their team. A fast start out of the gate by TCU in this game could be a big gut punch to OU.
Their run defense looked suspect at times against Nebraska and was exposed during K State. Maybe, they just aren't as good as everyone expects.

tx004

What killed them against K-State was that they were playing from behind the whole game. They went down 14-0 and could never quite recover. I’m sure they will be looking to get off to a fast start this week.

What killed them against K-State was that they were playing from behind the whole game. They went down 14-0 and could never quite recover. I’m sure they will be looking to get off to a fast start this week.
I know this was an impossibility when GP was coach, but I'd like to see us take the ball more often when we lose the opening coin toss. Especially in games we are the underdog.