• The KillerFrogs

Stadium Operations

Frogenstein

Yesterday for sure
I disagree. SMU was terrible but the Alamo Bowl was much worse. I stood in line at the Alamo Bowl for over 20 minutes to get a drink BEFORE the game started. I left the line, without said drink, with still about 15 people in front of me so I wouldn’t miss the opening kick off. Yesterday, I was able to get a drink before the kick off without even standing in line.

The Bad Guy

This was easily the worst I’ve ever been to. Got in line with 3 minutes before the end of half and didn’t get back til after the 4th quarter started. I’ll never go back to a SMU game.

Atomic Frawg

They built a Mikey Mouse high school stadium with zero shaded seats in Texas.
They fill it with people once every 20 years.
I didn't expect them to be up to the challenge. They didn't disappoint.
The thing I laughed about was the students having to stand / sit on grass in the end zone. Daddy's paying top dollar for them to do that.

At least we didn't have to listen to "Don't stop Bo Levi - ing"
Someone told me they received a $50M gift to complete the South end of the stadium - the biggest single gift in school history, but I really don't know why.

bmoney214

OUCH!!!
Question for the Crowd: Which was worse in terms of concessions? 2015 Alamo Bowl, or yesterday's game?
I'd have to go with yesterday's game because of how hot it was since the Alamo Bowl was in a dome. But definitely a good comparison.

If I remember correctly the biggest problem with the Alamo Bowl was that they didn't have all the concesssion stands open. Yesterday everything was open but they were just overwhelmed.

Pharm Frog

I disagree. SMU was terrible but the Alamo Bowl was much worse. I stood in line at the Alamo Bowl for over 20 minutes to get a drink BEFORE the game started. I left the line, without said drink, with still about 15 people in front of me so I wouldn’t miss the opening kick off. Yesterday, I was able to get a drink before the kick off without even standing in line.
Key was “before the game”. There appeared to be 14.5 people there at kickoff

Frogenstein

Key was “before the game”. There appeared to be 14.5 people there at kickoff
True, that Is why I bought water right after entering the stadium. The Alamo Bowl had very long lines pre-game and they only got longer as the game went on. At least at SMU I was able to load up with bottles of water to drink before the game started. It didn’t take a genius to predict the problems SMU would have with concessions and plan accordingly.
BMoney is right the Alamo Bowl only had a few concession stands open and they knew it was going to be a full house. SMU had all their stands open they just couldn't handle an almost full house. Both experiences were terrible I just felt the Alamo Bowl was worse, opinions vary mine just happens to be the correct one.

East Coast

Tier 1
True, that Is why I bought water right after entering the stadium. The Alamo Bowl had very long lines pre-game and they only got longer as the game went on. At least at SMU I was able to load up with bottles of water to drink before the game started. It didn’t take a genius to predict the problems SMU would have with concessions and plan accordingly.
BMoney is right the Alamo Bowl only had a few concession stands open and they knew it was going to be a full house. SMU had all their stands open they just couldn't handle an almost full house. Both experiences were terrible I just felt the Alamo Bowl was worse, opinions vary mine just happens to be the correct one.
I wasn’t at the SMU game, but the Alamo Bowl ran out of numerous items by halftime. Also, at some point their credit card system went down and if you didn’t have cash, and in some cases were not willing to accept being short changed, you were not getting anything. I’m not giving San Antonio another chance unless someone pays my way.

Re: ACS

I moved from the SW corner of the SEZ where I was in the top row, last seats...which are actually the seat closest to the west side concessions...to the west side between the 35-40 and already regret it after 1 game. In the SEZ, I could rush out at a break and get a beer, food, or whiz by the end of a break. Lines weren't bad at all.

At the Tarleton game, the lines on the west side were 15-20 deep. It's not missing an entire quarter like at GJF but even missing half a quarter is ridiculous. Luckily, we're close enough to the NEZ where I can hustle there and back and not miss too much but the east side, as a whole, is brutal.

Boomhauer

I moved from the SW corner of the SEZ where I was in the top row, last seats...which are actually the seat closest to the west side concessions...to the west side between the 35-40 and already regret it after 1 game. In the SEZ, I could rush out at a break and get a beer, food, or whiz by the end of a break. Lines weren't bad at all.

At the Tarleton game, the lines on the west side were 15-20 deep. It's not missing an entire quarter like at GJF but even missing half a quarter is ridiculous. Luckily, we're close enough to the NEZ where I can hustle there and back and not miss too much but the east side, as a whole, is brutal.

I love that SW corner of the SEZ. My seats are west side but close to that corner and usually once or twice a game me and my son will go down there and watch from that SRO area just behind the section. Such a great view and it’s nice to standup and move around a bit instead of sitting on a bleacher.

I love that SW corner of the SEZ. My seats are west side but close to that corner and usually once or twice a game me and my son will go down there and watch from that SRO area just behind the section. Such a great view and it’s nice to standup and move around a bit instead of sitting on a bleacher.

Yeah, I'm already having buyers remorse. Couple that with my new seats are right when the aisles merge on either side of the vomitorium and people are in my way the entire game. It is possible to see the same hot chick too many times.

tcumaniac

Didn’t go yesterday, but it’s hard to imagine concessions being more of a cluster than the Oregon game. Missed the second quarter in line getting a beer. We had just scored before I got back to the seats so my wife and @Tom Brown made me stay in the concourse to not change the mojo.
I'll never understand wanting an overpriced beer so badly, you're willing to miss an entire quarter of a game.

Hell. I'm pissed if I have to miss a single play because of concessions. If there's a long line, I just go back to my seats.

Fred Garvin

I service the entire Quad Cities Area
Didn’t go yesterday, but it’s hard to imagine concessions being more of a cluster than the Oregon game. Missed the second quarter in line getting a beer. We had just scored before I got back to the seats so my wife and @Tom Brown made me stay in the concourse to not change the mojo.

Trust me. Missing the second quarter of that game was the best thing you could have done. Did you ever make it out of the concourse in the second half?

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
The 2nd Quarter concessions at the Alamo Bowl were a true Goat Rodeo. I managed to get two beers, which were handed to me in the glass bottles. Mrs. Brewingfrog and I furtively drank them, certain that we'd be arrested for having glass bottles in the seats. The guys in front of me got hot dogs. When they bit into them, they discovered that the center of the "meat" was still frozen solid...

YA

I have been on the westside since forever and there is never long lines at least on the lower level seats.

I know most of your posts are schtick, but come on man, don't talk like that when it is not true.

PurpleBlood87

I have been on the westside since forever and there is never long lines at least on the lower level seats.

I know most of your posts are schtick, but come on man, don't talk like that when it is not true.
I think one thing that helps TCU is the wide concourse and that where the delicate concessions are located allowed TCU to have many more concession stands than SMU has since at SMU they are placed under the stands.

westoverhillbilly

Yeah, I'm already having buyers remorse. Couple that with my new seats are right when the aisles merge on either side of the vomitorium and people are in my way the entire game. It is possible to see the same hot chick too many times.

We used to have seats on the aisle in 207 and it sucks as all the drunks and social types who are there to see and be seen walk up and down the aisle and impede one's view during important plays as they obviously have no interest in the game.