• The KillerFrogs

Stadium Operations

researchfrog

Maybe but this has been a problem for many years now. Concession lines, not enough water, parking is brutal, lines to get into the stadium, problems with ticket office. It starts at the top down to make sure everything runs like it should.

I’ve never waited more than 5 minutes for a drink/beer at any home game.

Did you miss the 2006 Tech game?

September 2006 was brutal and all the big time programs in Texas fixed concession and water problems back then. If I recall correctly, the fixes actually started with Aggies and bringing in unopened water bottles. While we had to rebuild AGCS to get rid of the piss saunas that were the old restrooms, we did fix the other problems way back then.

froginmn

I just didn't see all these problems getting in.
Now the lines at the few concession stands they had on the visitors side were awful.
I'll never understand why events and venues don't create separate lines for specific and high demand items. Have a line where all you can buy is water, so there's no time spent looking at the menu to decide what you want. Get people through at the speed of light. Want something else, get in the long line.

hometown frog

I'll never understand why events and venues don't create separate lines for specific and high demand items. Have a line where all you can buy is water, so there's no time spent looking at the menu to decide what you want. Get people through at the speed of light. Want something else, get in the long line.
That and include a preorder line and make it so you can buy some of those basic things from your phone before you get to the concessions stand.

Deep Purple

It was no different in Fort Worth last year.
Denial is a soothing balm, so keep telling yourself that. :rolleyes:

It was a LOT different in Fort Worth last year. SMU's all-time record attendance for this game is a routine draw at a TCU home game. We've had plenty of time to work out most of the operational kinks. SMU is still a novice at this, and the Ford Stadium experience was more kinks than operational.

4 Oaks Frog

It was hot and a lot of fans were under the stand watching TVs
Very small TVs. Like the rest of the stadium and it’s operation…small time. You can tell that the smu administration could give two [ Finebaum ]s about their football program. small time since their death death penalty, and will continue to be so. With that facility and that attitude smu should NEVER be considered for a P5 conference…
GO FROGS!
BEAT LAND GRABBERS!
Spit Blood ~~<~<and fornicate baylor!!

Frog-in-law1995

Question for the Crowd: Which was worse in terms of concessions? 2015 Alamo Bowl, or yesterday's game?
Didn’t go yesterday, but it’s hard to imagine concessions being more of a cluster than the Oregon game. Missed the second quarter in line getting a beer. We had just scored before I got back to the seats so my wife and @Tom Brown made me stay in the concourse to not change the mojo.

Semper frog

Did you miss the 2006 Tech game?

September 2006 was brutal and all the big time programs in Texas fixed concession and water problems back then. If I recall correctly, the fixes actually started with Aggies and bringing in unopened water bottles. While we had to rebuild AGCS to get rid of the piss saunas that were the old restrooms, we did fix the other problems way back then.
The Tech people were calling Amon Carter stadium second rate also after that game.

westoverhillbilly

It was no different in Fort Worth last year.
Excuse me, but at TCU v SMU in 2021 I was able to go and get food and drinks within the three minutes and twenty second commercial breaks between the 1st and 2nd quarters. Your POS stadium took 20+ times longer. When there are 10x as many people as normal for one of your home games, I guess this is understandable. After 2024, I believe we're done with Ford Stadium.

Big Frog II

Didn’t go yesterday, but it’s hard to imagine concessions being more of a cluster than the Oregon game. Missed the second quarter in line getting a beer. We had just scored before I got back to the seats so my wife and @Tom Brown made me stay in the concourse to not change the mojo.
The key to yesterday being worse, is running out of water in 96 degree heat versus 72 degree Alamodome.

tcuball3

Ticket Exchange Pass
Excuse me, but at TCU v SMU in 2021 I was able to go and get food and drinks within the three minutes and twenty second commercial breaks between the 1st and 2nd quarters. Your POS stadium took 20+ times longer. When there are 10x as many people as normal for one of your home games, I guess this is understandable. After 2024, I believe we're done with Ford Stadium.
Not to mention refill your water bottle at the fill stations conveniently located all over the stadium