• The KillerFrogs

2022 MLB Thread*

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
I shouldn't lump you and @LisaLT in with the rest of those clowns. The skankees fans that go to the Rangers games here have always been 100% [ Arschloch]s all the time. I've never been to a Rangers-skankees game where I had good interactions with their fans.
Multiply that by 100 and you might understand what it’s like in Yankee Stadium. Mets aren’t aren’t any better. There was a playoff game in Shea Stadium where some moron in the upper deck took a leak into the Houston bullpen.

Last edited:

LisaLT

my only point on the head to head is there is a tendency to forget just how good an all around player bonds was as a pirate

judge has a legit shot at the triple crown and it has been a great year

did not realize how old he is and the yanks will face a similar decision with him that the astros did with springer

not how much per year, but how many years do you want to offer them. staton has a limited shelf life so hypothetically judge moves to dh and takes the toil of the outfield off his body

do you off 8-10 years guaranteed to him?
That is the question. I think he wants to stay in NY. Will they pay is the question. I think so.

bmoney214

OUCH!!!
Multiply that by 100 and you might understand whey it’s like in Yankee Stadium. Mets aren’t aren’t better. There was a playoff game in Shea Stadium where some moron in the upper deck took a leak into the Houston bullpen.
I've always told myself that I'd never go to a game at yankee stadium or dodger stadium. Hell, I even stopped going to cowboys games because everytime you turn around there's a fight in the stands. Well that and cowboys tickets are stupid expensive now ever since they switched from ticketmaster to seat geek.

Ron Swanson

Boooooo
Us Yankee fans are just fine.
New York Yankees Baseball GIF by MLB
New York Yankees Reaction GIF by MLB

bmoney214

OUCH!!!

So this pitcher has 303 appearances over his 7 seasons in the majors and has never been called for a balk. Then tonight gets called for 3 balks DURING THE SAME ATBAT!!

I guess if you really want to enforce the rules, that MAYBE the first pitch is a balk. It didn't look like he came to a 100% complete stop but damn 3 times in a row.

Obviously everyone can chime in on this but I really want to hear what @Moose Stuff and @Pharm Frog have to say. Am I missing something or is this just another umpire trying to get some attention?

Ron Swanson

So this pitcher has 303 appearances over his 7 seasons in the majors and has never been called for a balk. Then tonight gets called for 3 balks DURING THE SAME ATBAT!!

I guess if you really want to enforce the rules, that MAYBE the first pitch is a balk. It didn't look like he came to a 100% complete stop but damn 3 times in a row.

Obviously everyone can chime in on this but I really want to hear what @Moose Stuff and @Pharm Frog have to say. Am I missing something or is this just another umpire trying to get some attention?

Looks like total horse ship to me

Pharm Frog

Ridiculous interventionist umpiring IMO. That said…I don’t think the pitcher handled it as well as he could. After the first and definitely after the second balk call, he should have come set and held that position for as long as it took to get the batter to call time out. Minutes if necessary. Do it 20 times or more. But that is 100% “look at me being in control” crap from the 1B ump.

Last edited:

Ron Swanson

Ridiculous interventionist umpiring IMO. That said…I don’t think the pitcher handled it as well as he could. After the first and definitely after the second ball call, he should have come set and held that position for as long as it took to get the batter to call time out. Minutes if necessary. Do it 20 times or more. But that is 100% “look at me being in control” crap from the 1B ump.
Season 5 Finger Guns GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

Creeperfrog

Ridiculous interventionist umpiring IMO. That said…I don’t think the pitcher handled it as well as he could. After the first and definitely after the second balk call, he should have come set and held that position for as long as it took to get the batter to call time out. Minutes if necessary. Do it 20 times or more. But that is 100% “look at me being in control” crap from the

Ridiculous interventionist umpiring IMO. That said…I don’t think the pitcher handled it as well as he could. After the first and definitely after the second balk call, he should have come set and held that position for as long as it took to get the batter to call time out. Minutes if necessary. Do it 20 times or more. But that is 100% “look at me being in control” crap from the 1B ump.
I disagree with your second sentence. He did not balk. Blue's feel like they are Trump and just get away with anything they say. Just the other day a ump yelled at a pitcher "bc I said so!" After denying him warm up pitches when the ump threw out both managers

ShreveFrog

Well, he's not coming set. I thought the first one was borderline. But after the first balk call Bleier should have made sure he came to a stop. I mean what else is the ump to do? He called it once. And you're going to keep doing it right in front of him?

Creeperfrog

Its such a "I own this game" call. Three balks? Seriously. He was set at least on the last one. With the new pitch clock coming next year this will become ridiculous

Pharm Frog

I disagree with your second sentence. He did not balk. Blue's feel like they are Trump and just get away with anything they say. Just the other day a ump yelled at a pitcher "bc I said so!" After denying him warm up pitches when the ump threw out both managers
You don’t seem to disagree with my second sentence as I never claimed he did balk but you do seem hellbent on pushing a political statement into a conversation where it has precisely zero relevance. Bye.