• The KillerFrogs

Gary to Nebraska?

82 Frog Fever

think fairly or not, how the career ends will always influence the perception of the body of work

woody hayes as mentioned before is an extreme, but consider the end of bowden's time at fsu or the snyder 2.0 episode

heck, mack brown's time in austin is skewed to many even with the two national title game appearances because of how things played out after the loss to bama and it isn't merely about wins and losses

very similar to watching a tv series for several years and then coming to the end and then getting a clunker
That’s interesting. In GP’s case I read about some inner team turmoil towards the end. True or not, some player comments were bad reflections on GP.
I wonder if those issues/rumors are widely known outside of TCU circles, and if so, will they diminish over time or permanently tarnish.

Eight

That’s interesting. In GP’s case I read about some inner team turmoil towards the end. True or not, some player comments were bad reflections on GP.
I wonder if those issues/rumors are widely known outside of TCU circles, and if so, will they diminish over time or permanently tarnish.

suspect over time those rumors and events will fade and the body of work will remain similar to say seinfeld for gary while woody hayes is more akin to the ending for game of thrones

unfortunately, they all can't be a bob newhart ending

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Fred Akers would probably have been all right, if some fool hadn't fumbled a punt in the Cotton Bowl and blew the National Championship...

FrogCop19

think fairly or not, how the career ends will always influence the perception of the body of work

woody hayes as mentioned before is an extreme, but consider the end of bowden's time at fsu or the snyder 2.0 episode

heck, mack brown's time in austin is skewed to many even with the two national title game appearances because of how things played out after the loss to bama and it isn't merely about wins and losses

very similar to watching a tv series for several years and then coming to the end and then getting a clunker
Fair enough. I guaran-damn-tee you there are still some people that would LOVE to have Warden Briles back at the toilet, but there are plenty of others that wouldn't want that for anything. Doesn't make those first people right, but *is* their opinion.

Gary struggled his last few years here because of his inability to change staff (out of possibly misplaced loyalty) and his inability to change his process (ie: signal calls, recruiting, portal, NIL, etc). The results spoke for themselves, but to say that he ruined his legacy and everything he built because of the last few years is a bit disingenuous to say the least.

Damage? Yes. Ruin? No.

Eight

Fred Akers would probably have been all right, if some fool hadn't fumbled a punt in the Cotton Bowl and blew the National Championship...

the title would have bought fred some time, but his views on the game, how to run the program, etc...were about as progressive as those running the southwest conference

OICU812

how is it any different from any other mass produced meat byproduct?
The only sausage I buy these days is made by Hudson Meats and Opa’s. Both are brands I found at CM but also carried by HEB. There are some things on their ingredient lists that are less than ideal for sure(chemicals) but nothing as gross-sounding as on Campbell’s. Sorry, Earl.