• The KillerFrogs

2022 MLB Thread*

Eight

Dont know how old you are but you may remember the Domeballs Wynn and Rader hit into the upper deck in left at the Dome. They painted toy cannon and a red rooster on the seats.

View attachment 12050

He also hit one in old Forbes Field that cleared the 460 mark, so deep they kept the batting cage thre.

speaking of ballparks that the ball didn't carry very well in

LisaLT

#60 tonight for Judge. Phenomenal. And a walk off grand slam by Stanton for the win. Thrilling 9th inning.
All Rise Yankees GIF by YES Network

Eight

heard an interesting stat this morning talking about judge's season so far and why the pirates for example opted to pitch to him in the 9th inning instead of walking him

judge through 143 games this season has been walked 93 times which is alot, but when bonds set the record in 153 games he was walked 177 times and incredibly that is only his third highest total in his 22 year career

in his last 18 seasons the lowest ops bonds had in a season was 0.924 and he has a career ops of 1.051 in his 22 year career.

judge is having a great year and if the voting for mvp were merely based upon offensive numbers he wins, but i had forgotten how ridiculous some of bonds career numbers ended up being for such a long career

heard an interesting stat this morning talking about judge's season so far and why the pirates for example opted to pitch to him in the 9th inning instead of walking him

judge through 143 games this season has been walked 93 times which is alot, but when bonds set the record in 153 games he was walked 177 times and incredibly that is only his third highest total in his 22 year career

in his last 18 seasons the lowest ops bonds had in a season was 0.924 and he has a career ops of 1.051 in his 22 year career.

judge is having a great year and if the voting for mvp were merely based upon offensive numbers he wins, but i had forgotten how ridiculous some of bonds career numbers ended up being for such a long career

Lol. They didn't pitch to him. None of those pitches were close. They PR for him and his spot dang near came back up as the Yankees continued to pour it on the Buccos.

LisaLT

And don’t forget, Judge does what he does without drug enhancement.

Bob Sugar

His biggest feat was growing his head by about 2 full hat sizes during his career.

FBallFan123

Bonds is the typical power hitter who peaked in his *checks notes* late 30’s.

Best OPS seasons were from age 36-39 … standard stuff.

Eight

And don’t forget, Judge does what he does without drug enhancement.

Bonds is the typical power hitter who peaked in his *checks notes* late 30’s.

Best OPS seasons were from age 36-39 … standard stuff.

he wasn't too bad in pittsburgh, believe his ops during that time was just under 0.900 and might have won an mvp

similar to clemens in that they were pretty salty before the ped's

Eight

judges numbers so far in his career

.285 avg, .978 ops, 218 hr, 494 rbi (286 other players driven in), 40 sb

war so far of 36.3 which are very good numbers and should get him paid

barry in pittsburgh over 7 seasons as well

.275 avg, .883 ops, 176 hr, 556 rbi (380 other players driven in), 251 sb, 2 mvp, 4 gold gloves, war 46.8

LisaLT

judges numbers so far in his career

.285 avg, .978 ops, 218 hr, 494 rbi (286 other players driven in), 40 sb

war so far of 36.3 which are very good numbers and should get him paid

barry in pittsburgh over 7 seasons as well

.275 avg, .883 ops, 176 hr, 556 rbi (380 other players driven in), 251 sb, 2 mvp, 4 gold gloves, war 46.8
Judge has had some injuries too. I think this is the first year (knock on wood), that he has made it this far and played this many games without injury. I didn't look this stat up and perhaps in the beginning he might have had an injury free season, but it doesn't feel like that.

It is not easy playing this many games and staying healthy - for any player, but especially guys his size. Just the torque of his swing make my back hurt lol.

Eight

Judge has had some injuries too. I think this is the first year (knock on wood), that he has made it this far and played this many games without injury. I didn't look this stat up and perhaps in the beginning he might have had an injury free season, but it doesn't feel like that.

It is not easy playing this many games and staying healthy - for any player, but especially guys his size. Just the torque of his swing make my back hurt lol.

my only point on the head to head is there is a tendency to forget just how good an all around player bonds was as a pirate

judge has a legit shot at the triple crown and it has been a great year

did not realize how old he is and the yanks will face a similar decision with him that the astros did with springer

not how much per year, but how many years do you want to offer them. staton has a limited shelf life so hypothetically judge moves to dh and takes the toil of the outfield off his body

do you off 8-10 years guaranteed to him?