• The KillerFrogs

OT - Movies thread

stbrab

How about a new sheriff who gets killed and a guy who just got out of federal prison steals his identity and makes up being a sheriff as he goes as he tries to reclaim his bounty. Seriously, Banshee is crazy

Oh and the main role is the guy who plays Homelander on The Boys
Oh yeah. I really enjoyed Banshee! I’ve watched the Boys as well…it’s different!

Eight

Anyone else notice that the actor who plays the hand of the king on Game of Dragons is the same guy who played the wirey kicker on The Replacements?

View attachment 12032

hardly his best role, i am sure this video gets him an invite to lisa t's next cabana party

notting-hill.gif

Chongo94

How about a new sheriff who gets killed and a guy who just got out of federal prison steals his identity and makes up being a sheriff as he goes as he tries to reclaim his bounty. Seriously, Banshee is crazy

Oh and the main role is the guy who plays Homelander on The Boys
Banshee is ridiculously great but for more realistic slow burn action and grounded reality, Justified is far and away better.

gofor2

If you have not seen the following, give them a shot.
  • No Country for Old Men
  • There Will Be Blood
  • Memento
  • Sicario (the first one)
  • Payback (Gibson)
  • Gattica
  • Interstellar
  • A Quiet Place
  • Knives Out
  • Blade Runner 2049
  • Black Widow
  • Nobody
  • Boss Level
  • Palm Springs (I almost don't have this on my list, but it's different so why not)
  • Office Space
  • Ready or Not (Black Comedy Horror Film. I was quite surprised on how much l laughed and liked it)
  • Ground hog Day
  • Ferris Bueller's Day Off

Last edited:

Eight

If you have not seen the following, give them a shot.
  • No Country for Old Men
  • There Will Be Blood
  • Memento
  • Sicario (the first one)
  • Payback (Gibson)
  • Gattica
  • Interstellar
  • A Quiet Place
  • Knives Out
  • Blade Runner 2049
  • Black Widow
  • Nobody
  • Boss Level
  • Palm Springs
  • Office Space
  • Ready or Not (Black Comedy Horror Film. I was quite surprised on how much l laughed and liked it)

think you forgot casa blanca, treasure of the sierra madre, and the godfather triology

gofor2

think you forgot casa blanca, treasure of the sierra madre, and the godfather triology
I have a hard time watching most, but not all, movies that debuted prior to 1980, maybe even 1990. There are good movies sprinkled about from the 20s-50s. I especially struggle to enjoy 60s and 70s cinema. I'm drawing a blank on the 80s. The only ones I can think of at the moment that I would recommend are Trading Places, Ferris Bueller's Day Off, Bull Durham and Dirty Rotten ScoundreIs.
While I did like treasure of the sierra madre, it didn't leave enough of an impression on me for me to post it.
Godfather trilogy: 2nd one was great. 1st was OK and 3rd was meh. Apparently, Copolla needed the money due to some massive flop he made, otherwise, Godfather III never gets done.

Last edited:

Bob Sugar

I have a hard time watching many, but not all, movies that debuted prior to 1980, maybe even 1990. I'm drawing a blank on the 80s. The only ones I can think of at the moment that I would recommend are Trading Places and Dirty Rotten ScoundreIs. I especially struggle to enjoy 60s and 70s cinema.
While I did like treasure of the sierra madre, it didn't leave enough of an impression on me for me to post it.
Godfather trilogy: 2nd one was great. 1st was OK and 3rd was meh. Apparently, Copolla needed the money due to some massive flop he made, otherwise, Godfather III never gets done.
Hard time watching eighties movies!?! Apparently you've never heard of Rad and Breakin 2: Electric Boogaloo.

PurpleBlood87

I have a hard time watching many, but not all, movies that debuted prior to 1980, maybe even 1990. I'm drawing a blank on the 80s. The only ones I can think of at the moment that I would recommend are Trading Places and Dirty Rotten ScoundreIs. I especially struggle to enjoy 60s and 70s cinema.
What about DieHard, Caddyshack or Vacation?