• The KillerFrogs

So Gary..

froginaustin

Wasn't like he wasn't fired without cause.
Once he decided he was bulletproof and could do no wrong his days were numbered.

Patterson was NOT fired "for cause". Not winning enough is not "for cause". Not winning and not articulating an acceptable way to get to winning may be a damn good reason a coach is fired. Being fired over "cause" means something really bad, and that's not Patterson's situation.

Coaches like Jerry Sandusky and Art Briles are fired "for cause" (or their institutions try to, to avoid contract buy-outs). I don't think there was ever any question that Patterson would be paid his buy-out, or that he deserved it under the contract he signed with TCU.

Moose Stuff

Obviously. He has 4 lousy years in a row and gets fired. Everyone feels bad for him. Then he takes an analyst job for basically nothing money with our biggest rival. And revels in it.

If he was so great then he would have received a head coaching offer right away, or at least a DC job with a big program.

I hope he lands a HC job (if he wants one). Just not around here with a big rival.
I would love for him to land a HC job with one of our rivals. I can’t think of one rival we have that would do anything but get worse if they hired GP.

Virginia Frog

GP must be feeling some self-doubt (pessimism, poor self-esteem, mental dissonance, general mind disorder) about his TCU ending (the job and his relationships here.)

There's no other reason for him to be so "public" about his small Longhorn role. A kinda "look at me Mom" behavior.

It's like he's trying to show (hurt/disorder/prove wrong) us his dominion as a coach. That his exit was our loss.

All that aside, and I've said it numerous times before, I hope in '23 he's back as a HC (not B12.) I want him to make it to the 200 Win Club before it's all over.

CryptoMiner

Patterson was NOT fired "for cause". Not winning enough is not "for cause". Not winning and not articulating an acceptable way to get to winning may be a damn good reason a coach is fired. Being fired over "cause" means something really bad, and that's not Patterson's situation.

Coaches like Jerry Sandusky and Art Briles are fired "for cause" (or their institutions try to, to avoid contract buy-outs). I don't think there was ever any question that Patterson would be paid his buy-out, or that he deserved it under the contract he signed with TCU.

Maybe not "fired for cause" but interesting no one answered how much TCU had to pay to buy him out. Know the answer to that and it answers a lot of other questions....

Eight

this thread, much like smooth's effort from earlier today is basically an attempt to troll which unfortunately all too often around here gets snapped up in no time

Frog Attack II

I love Gary and what he did for TCU.... that said, he lost it, started thinking he was bigger than the university, and now is on team Uterus.... therefore, feel free to relentlessly poke fun. I hope he gets fired again.