• The KillerFrogs

CCFP Expansion Approved!

Planks

What’s interesting, is it sounds like the 6 highest ranked conference champions will automatically qualify. So an AAC or MWC champion will likely make it every season.

If you are a Boise State or SMU who got left out in the latest round of expansion, this might be an opportunity for your program.

Last edited:

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
More likely Fox.

(Though the truth is neither)
A revolt of the plebs?

ESPN had a hammerlock on the CFP. It was their baby, and theirs alone. Whatever happened with it, happened only with their express permission. While FOX is now a player, they can't start messing with the CFP for at least 4 years (IIRC, contract runs until 2026). Perhaps they believe that by expanding the CFP, it becomes a White Elephant by the time FOX can bid on it...

Nick Danger

What’s interesting, is it sounds like the 6 highest ranked conference champions will automatically qualify. So an AAC or MWC champion will likely make it every season.

If you are a Boise State or SMU who got left out in the latest round of expansion, this might be an opportunity for your program.

Especially, if a future Pac-10 continues to exist, but in a weakened state! There won't be as much of a benefit, in a couple of years, for any G5 school to go join a depleted PAC-10.

stbrab

12 teams is total Crap. The National Championship Team will be within the top 5-7 ranked teams only. So, 8 is more than enough.
You’re probably correct about the teams able to win the championship, but I personally like a 12 team playoff. It gives an opportunity for teams to win it on the field… including teams like TCU.

froginaustin

Especially, if a future Pac-10 continues to exist, but in a weakened state! There won't be as much of a benefit, in a couple of years, for any G5 school to go join a depleted PAC-10.

Money.

PAC will still get more than MWC etc. particularly if UW OR Cal & Stanford stick around

East Coast

Tier 1
You’re probably correct about the teams able to win the championship, but I personally like a 12 team playoff. It gives an opportunity for teams to win it on the field…
12 isn't my favorite, because you will have 4 teams receive byes. With the number of teams, especially quality teams, in the FBS, 16 is too many. 12 is far better than 4, but not as good as 8 (IMO).

Bizarro Frog

BIG 12 just got a major score here, no Oklahoma to compete with. This might also save the PAC 12. If I were Oregon I would look around the room and think I can dominate these other teams 3 out of 4 years.