• The KillerFrogs

Fall Camp 8-2-22

Appears DB jumps too early. Good job by Davis measuring things up, though if nitpicking, maybe he could have been aggressive to the ball—go get it at a high point.

Last edited:

Eight

noticed on the roster on gofrogs the other day a walk on wide receiver from san antonio reagan by the name of stayton ankrom

Limp Lizard

too late, already by decided by those who follow these things on social media
If decided by this board Willaims and Miller are the only ones who play the same position that they do now. Maybe THT, too, but the first time he is beaten he is moved to the slot.

Nice push-off by Davis. Wonder if that gets called in a game
Yeah, in that play, instead of worrying about clearing the DB, focus instead on going to get the ball at a high point. I hate that receivers and DB’s are too often in hand and arm combat for position. Maybe it needs to be called all the time to get rid of it, so it doesn’t come down to what is or is not called in crucial late game plays. Players get away with it so they keep doing it—it is now part of the one-on-one game. I blame the NCAA/refs for letting this get out of control—it evolved. Every dang game we worry about it—what will or will not be called. A TCU/Baylor game in 2014 comes to mind, and it’s possible consequences.

Last edited:
Believe Sam Jackson will surprise many people, esp after half of the season. They think so too.
I have a good gut feeling about the kid with nimble feet—his play and head. Need to find him some playing time at some point, and keep him on this team. Sam “Nimble” Jackson—look at that smile—
… had 50 receptions for 847 yards and 14 touchdowns as a wide receiver before being converted to quarterback his junior year … passed for 1,727 yards and 16 touchdowns in 2019 … chose TCU over Notre Dame, Oregon, Minnesota, Purdue and Wisconsin.
1660091737143.jpeg

Last edited:

CountryFrog

I have a good gut feeling about the kid, his play and head. Need to keep him and find him some playing time.
If Sonny is true to his word then the best players will be out there in some form or fashion. So if he can be a playmaker at WR or somewhere else then I fully expect to see him out there.

As far as keeping him I think that'll almost completely depend on his willingness to get on the field at any position as opposed to needing to be the starting QB somewhere and nothing else. It's hard to see him surpassing Morris at QB any time soon who is still a freshman but who knows, maybe he will.

bmoney214

OUCH!!!
you are not allowed to make that comment about a ball thrown by max and did anyone measure the decibel level of the reaction of his teammates on the completion of that throw?
words line GIF

CryptoMiner

If Sonny is true to his word then the best players will be out there in some form or fashion. So if he can be a playmaker at WR or somewhere else then I fully expect to see him out there.

As far as keeping him I think that'll almost completely depend on his willingness to get on the field at any position as opposed to needing to be the starting QB somewhere and nothing else. It's hard to see him surpassing Morris at QB any time soon who is still a freshman but who knows, maybe he will.

Several assumptions here but you should listen to Jackson's time in the media room yesterday. Coach Riley has talked with Sam about using a 2 QB package since the Spring (they call it the Wolf Pack). It isn't a position change but a chance to get an explosive player on the field more often. He is a team player and really likes where he is at right now.

Obviously that could change but so far this staff has the players buying in to the program and they all seem to be willing to do whatever it takes.