• The KillerFrogs

Fall Camp 8-2-22

Eight

Not ideal

thanks, not ideal, but again why the boot?

sprained ankle is one thing as opposed to a broken bone or the dreaded high ankle sprain which really isn't an ankle sprain

he plays a position where his feet are critical so i agree a basic ankle sprain is going to be a bigger issue than say an internal offensive lineman, but if it is a basic ankle and they are being cautious so he doesn't carry a lingering injury into the season not a big issue

CryptoMiner

thanks, not ideal, but again why the boot?

sprained ankle is one thing as opposed to a broken bone or the dreaded high ankle sprain which really isn't an ankle sprain

he plays a position where his feet are critical so i agree a basic ankle sprain is going to be a bigger issue than say an internal offensive lineman, but if it is a basic ankle and they are being cautious so he doesn't carry a lingering injury into the season not a big issue

He expected to be on the field next week. If not then you can start worrying....:eek:

Eight

He expected to be on the field next week. If not then you can start worrying....:eek:

thanks, not really going to worry too much even then, long time before the opener and roughly two months before conference play

let norman and the others get the reps at corner for now

CryptoMiner

thanks, not really going to worry too much even then, long time before the opener and roughly two months before conference play

let norman and the others get the reps at corner for now

They have termed it a nagging ankle injury...which can be .... well nagging. Mostly precautionary and if he sits out longer it really wouldn't bother me.

Newton really has helped fill some gaps in the secondary which has allowed to safeties to stay in place with Ish and Tre out.

Some battles still going on but first team OL, RB, WR look to be set. DL looking better and LBers are really good.

Eight

They have termed it a nagging ankle injury...which can be .... well nagging. Mostly precautionary and if he sits out longer it really wouldn't bother me.

Newton really has helped fill some gaps in the secondary which has allowed to safeties to stay in place with Ish and Tre out.

Some battles still going on but first team OL, RB, WR look to be set. DL looking better and LBers are really good.

thanks again, i just have this feeling there might be a surprise this fall in ft worth

what i find interesting is that the frogs actually might be able to truly rotate defenisve linemen and are starting to build some depth in the offensive line

82 Frog Fever

thanks again, i just have this feeling there might be a surprise this fall in ft worth

what i find interesting is that the frogs actually might be able to truly rotate defenisve linemen and are starting to build some depth in the offensive line
The talent is definitely there, and this year it’s motivated.
I can’t wait to see Jamoi Hodge playing in the box at 245 lbs., and he says he feels faster.
TCU should be the biggest surprise in the B12 this year.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?

What?!? Rotating linemen? Like, we have more than six who can play?!?

What is this sorcery?

CryptoMiner

This interview of Jeremy Clark is a little long @ 21 min., but highly informative.
JC says he believes Chandler may be slightly ahead in QB competition, but that’s sort of the way it was in the spring with Max getting hot a little later.

Seems to be mostly or almost entirely based upon last season and Spring. He mentions it felt like the players didn't have it in them last year but to me it was the staff who mailed it in and caused a lot of problems in the locker room. I was surprised a lot more players didn't transfer and Dykes and his staff deserve a lot of credit for that.

Only a week into the fall and still none of the QBs really standing out yet. That will change and I have no predictions on who wins it but to me it really isn't that big as they really just need to get the ball out timely and relatively on target. They all are doing that so far. The WR group is really good as are the TEs and backs.

I am a lot more optimistic about this season and think 8-4 is the bottom rather than the top.

Eight

The talent is definitely there, and this year it’s motivated.
I can’t wait to see Jamoi Hodge playing in the box at 245 lbs., and he says he feels faster.
TCU should be the biggest surprise in the B12 this year.

found it curious when misi made the comment the offensive linemen were faster and then we get this comment from jamoi on 247:

"A lot of guys have got faster and stronger."