• The KillerFrogs

2022 Football Regular Season Predictions

Volare

First grid on- ready to go. Let me know if I made an error on interpreting your prediction.
X1TJ1SB.png

Purp

8-4
Explosive offense with better spread & scoring. Improved O line with lots of weapons.
Moderately improved defense.
If this comes to pass I think we're better than an 8-4 team. I feel like the offense this year will win games we lost last year even if the defense didn't improve at all. But last year's defense gave as much effort as a woman when she's "not in the mood."

The defense this year is motivated. Even if they miss assignments and aren't perfect fits for the defense b/c it's brand new we'll automatically have moderate improvement over last year. The back 8 in this defense is loaded. It's the front 3 that we need to see before knowing how good we can be. If we have a NT who can hold his own and a DE who can get to the QB we will be conference title contenders.

Virginia Frog

The median of our schedule is WVU, K-St and TT. And the outcomes here will define '22 as a success or not.

If Gary had been more successful with these three more middling schools he'd not have to be in Longhorn Purgatory in Austin.

For TCU Head Coaches, their record vs. these three (and vs. SMU too I might say) make hire/extend/fire decisions easy in a litmus test kind of way.
3-0. - Extend and raise $ "Great work Coach!"
2-1. - "You need to do better Sonny." No extra money for you.
1-2 - no extend, "you need to do much better Sonny."
0-3 - Goodbye Coach(es) "if you can't beat these guys you shouldn't be coaching Power 5 football."

My predictions for wins: (I'm a "homer"!)

1 of 2 Longhorns & Sooners (I'd love to se OU with a losing record this season.)
2 of 3 WV, K-St & TT
3 of 3 non-conference
1 of 2 Baylor Beers & OkSt Cowmen
2 or 2 KU and IowaSt

9-3 TOTAL

Last edited:

stbrab

If this comes to pass I think we're better than an 8-4 team. I feel like the offense this year will win games we lost last year even if the defense didn't improve at all. But last year's defense gave as much effort as a woman when she's "not in the mood."

The defense this year is motivated. Even if they miss assignments and aren't perfect fits for the defense b/c it's brand new we'll automatically have moderate improvement over last year. The back 8 in this defense is loaded. It's the front 3 that we need to see before knowing how good we can be. If we have a NT who can hold his own and a DE who can get to the QB we will be conference title contenders.
Agree, which is why I went 9-3. I’m hopeful of the the new regime…a great deal of excitement! Still wary though until we see the product. The fact is the players quit on Coach P last year. Don’t deny it was time for a change…but quitting is a character issue. We’ll see.