• The KillerFrogs

Fall Camp 8-2-22

Prince of Purpoole II

Reigning Smartarse
Tempo. Oh, the opportunities that will create!

The careful and purposeful utilization of tempo is what pantsed Patterson very often. Warden Art recognized this and took advantage, and others followed. Teams make adjustments to attack perceived weaknesses. You must make adjustments of your own to counter this exposure. And the game goes on...
The tempo will be dictated by what we laughingly refer to as the Big 12 officiating crews

82 Frog Fever

What are your thoughts on how strong the offensive line can be this year?
ALAN ALI - “I think we can be the best offensive line in the conference; I really do. It’s a special group with a lot of talent and I think we got our chemistry down, little more depth. I think we’ll be really, really good this year.”

If Ali is anywhere close to correct, this could be a 500 yd/gm. offense. (Assuming decent play calling)
With just a mediocre improvement in defense, this team could be one of those under the radar conference contenders.
Karma would be seeing Chandler beat OU

asleep003

SMU probably didn't have the D depth when the O wasn't performing well... When we went 12-1 in 2014, with our explosive offense... we did give up major points against good teams.

Eight

ALAN ALI - “I think we can be the best offensive line in the conference; I really do. It’s a special group with a lot of talent and I think we got our chemistry down, little more depth. I think we’ll be really, really good this year.”

If Ali is anywhere close to correct, this could be a 500 yd/gm. offense. (Assuming decent play calling)
With just a mediocre improvement in defense, this team could be one of those under the radar conference contenders.
Karma would be seeing Chandler beat OU

this is the comment he made from that piece that really struck me:

"What was your first impression of the team over here?

“I watched film last year and I knew they were pretty good. But, I don’t think I really knew until the first spring practice, I was like ‘these guys got a lot of talent out here’. Once I saw that I was super excited for the season.” "

so he watches film for a few years now, played against the frogs, and it wasn't until he got over here did he really recognize the talent on the roster

Spike

Tempo. Oh, the opportunities that will create!

The careful and purposeful utilization of tempo is what pantsed Patterson very often. Warden Art recognized this and took advantage, and others followed. Teams make adjustments to attack perceived weaknesses. You must make adjustments of your own to counter this exposure. And the game goes on...
Probably because it took like 9 hours to get the signals in sometimes.

Eight

took a quick look at the tcu football twitter page and i am really confused now

not only brief clips of players from today, but actually some clips of players competing against each other such as quincy brown going over the top of mark perry

also saw that they are going to mic up a player in various practices and then show some footage on the tcu football instagram site

brave new world in ft worth

bmoney214

OUCH!!!
took a quick look at the tcu football twitter page and i am really confused now

not only brief clips of players from today, but actually some clips of players competing against each other such as quincy brown going over the top of mark perry

also saw that they are going to mic up a player in various practices and then show some footage on the tcu football instagram site

brave new world in ft worth
What the hell!!!! Now everybody is going to have our signals!!
Again.

JogginFrog

And so it begins….

Into the blistering wilderness of the practice field, the man who walked with high school kings now walks alone. Torn from the pinnacle of small town power, stripped of all rank and earthly wealth, a forsaken man without a letter jacket, without a crew—his soul in turmoil like the hot winds and raging sands that lash him with the fury of an assistant coach's whip. He is driven forward, always forward, by a dream of a trophy unknown, toward a land unseen... Into the molten wilderness of 2-a-days, where camera towers stand as sentinels of living proof of every missed tackle. Each night brings the black embrace of the lonely film room. In the mocking whisper of the wind, he hears the echoing voices of the dark past... …4-star recruit! 5-star recruit!! Future NFL prospect!!! His tortured mind, wondering if they call the memory of past triumphs or wail foreboding of disasters yet to come or whether the summers’ hot breath has brought back the ghost of Bumpas on a Vespa & melted his reason into madness. He cannot cool the burning kiss of thirst upon his lips nor shade the scorching fury of the sun. All about is desolation. He can neither bless nor curse the power that moves him, for he does not know from where it comes. Learning that it can be more terrible to quit than to die, he is driven onward through the burning crucible of desolation, where the purple & white are cleansed and purged for this great purpose, until at last, at the end of human strength, beaten into the dust from which he came, the metal is ready for the maker's hand.
Change it from third-person to second-person, and start it with "Listen up, men," and I'd say we're ready to go.

4th. down

Sorrells was a grade casualty. At Navarro.

Foster with some of the worst luck I’ve ever seen.
Foster, over worked in HS.......7000 rushing yds. +-, in 3 yrs., 4.39 forty speed. His body just could not take the beating anymore. Never really had an extended healthy streak while here. A quality RB for sure with some size, power, and speed.....wish him the best.

Paint It Purple

this is the comment he made from that piece that really struck me:

"What was your first impression of the team over here?

“I watched film last year and I knew they were pretty good. But, I don’t think I really knew until the first spring practice, I was like ‘these guys got a lot of talent out here’. Once I saw that I was super excited for the season.” "

so he watches film for a few years now, played against the frogs, and it wasn't until he got over here did he really recognize the talent on the roster
Do O linemen watch much film of opposing O line?

Eight

Do O linemen watch much film of opposing O line?

most likely not, but at some point they are going to actually watch the game as well as know the level of talent of your own defensive line

this isn't the first time i have read similar comments from alan and i interpret them as he is referring to the roster as a whole and not just his position group

Last edited:

CryptoMiner

Foster, over worked in HS.......7000 rushing yds. +-, in 3 yrs., 4.39 forty speed. His body just could not take the beating anymore. Never really had an extended healthy streak while here. A quality RB for sure with some size, power, and speed.....wish him the best.

He had a serious ankle injury last season (Kansas?) and underwent surgery on it in April. Don't think his HS days had anything to do with it.

CryptoMiner

There were some position changes in the spring (Brooks, Battle) but so far the only big change is Altrique Barlow to DL. Staff seems confident in the OL, including depth so guess why not.