• The KillerFrogs

2023-2024 European Football Thread

Purp

When Pogba hurt his knee Juventus had to keep McKennie. Reynolds is still owned by Roma just on loan.

With the pull Mourinho still has and the downfall of Lazio and Napoli I wouldn't waste your time hoping for Roma's destruction. In fact now that they are Texas owned all Texans should be rooting for them, the Friedkin's are proving to be great owners.

So happy about the Mourinho hire and Sarri's failure at Lazio. Sorry about Pochettino glad you are happy with Conte he will be great.
Can't root for Mourinho. I'll support Roma when he's gone.

I'm familiar with Bryan's situation. I play soccer with his uncle so I get to follow him more closely than most American players in Europe. His was a necessary move mainly b/c Mourinho notoriously doesn't give much time to young players. Bryan also doesn't fit Mourinho's style well. He's like an outside midfielder with defensive ability who is talented going forward. Jose doesn't want that from his back line. I'm hopeful he'll get his feet under him in Belgium and, when he returns, has a new gaffer.

Last edited:

Chongo94

Hey @Purp don’t you have Peacock? If so, may I ask how much you pay per month? I have switched some insurance around and am saving some money.

I have been reluctant to get yet another stupid streaming service but I thought I would look into it now since I’ve cut some funds off the insurance payments.

Purp

Hey @Purp don’t you have Peacock? If so, may I ask how much you pay per month? I have switched some insurance around and am saving some money.

I have been reluctant to get yet another stupid streaming service but I thought I would look into it now since I’ve cut some funds off the insurance payments.
Nope. I refuse to add another stream. Peacock is a bridge too far for me. NBC doesn't have enough sports content not on channels I already have to justify it.

bmoney214

OUCH!!!

I pay $5 a month. They have a $10/month plan also that is supposed to be ad-free.

Chongo94

I pay $5 a month. They have a $10/month plan also that is supposed to be ad-free.
Nice, gracias. Not as much as I was thinking I guess.
Nope. I refuse to add another stream. Peacock is a bridge too far for me. NBC doesn't have enough sports content not on channels I already have to justify it.
This is really how I feel. But the thought was just creeping along in my head. I haven’t really looked deep enough to see what their content is but that’s how I feel about Apple’s offering. Aside from Ted Lasso, it seems lacking.

bmoney214

OUCH!!!
Nice, gracias. Not as much as I was thinking I guess.

This is really how I feel. But the thought was just creeping along in my head. I haven’t really looked deep enough to see what their content is but that’s how I feel about Apple’s offering. Aside from Ted Lasso, it seems lacking.
The only reason I have it is because I'm a big wrestling fan. WWE merged their WWE network with Peacock last year when Peacock launched. Anyone who subscribed to the WWE network was switched over to Peacock automatically.

I was paying $10 a month for just the wrestling content on WWE Network but now I'm only paying $5 for all the same WWE stuff plus all the sports, movies and TV shows and everything else that Peacock and NBC has on there.

They have a pretty decent movie selection on there. This month has the Michael Keaton Batmans, The American Pie series and The Ocean Eleven Series just to name a few. As far as sports go they have NFL stuff, MLB stuff, golf soccer, some Olympic sports (swimming, gymnastics, track and field).

It's alot of stuff on there. It's worth checking out.

Purp

The only reason I have it is because I'm a big wrestling fan. WWE merged their WWE network with Peacock last year when Peacock launched. Anyone who subscribed to the WWE network was switched over to Peacock automatically.

I was paying $10 a month for just the wrestling content on WWE Network but now I'm only paying $5 for all the same WWE stuff plus all the sports, movies and TV shows and everything else that Peacock and NBC has on there.

They have a pretty decent movie selection on there. This month has the Michael Keaton Batmans, The American Pie series and The Ocean Eleven Series just to name a few. As far as sports go they have NFL stuff, MLB stuff, golf soccer, some Olympic sports (swimming, gymnastics, track and field).

It's alot of stuff on there. It's worth checking out.
But all the NFL, golf, etc. stuff on there is already on NBC, USA, or another regular TV station. I don't need Peacock to see anything I want to watch with the rare exception of a few soccer games a year.

And the only wrestling I'm interested in involves my wife.

Chongo94

Nuñez has looked really good for Liverpool. Salah was awesome as always. Haaland missed quite a few chances.

I don’t rate the Community Shield but the atmosphere was nice to have back.

Liverpool look like they’re gonna be awesome again ugh. I’ll be interested in seeing how Haaland meshes with City stylistically speaking.

JogginFrog

The English women have been amazing in these Euros, but I'm not a fan of the diving I've seen in the last 10 minutes. They're having trouble getting possession and resorting to dives and delays to catch a breath and try to shift momentum.

For all the possession success, Germany continues to have difficulty finishing. Not the easiest team to watch.

Purp

Sloppy goal to win it. Good on the English girl for her persistence. German defense should have cleared that better. Definitely a great 2nd half. Didn't see the whole match.

dawg

I pay $5/mo, but there is an ad-free $10 tier. Peacock has enough stuff for the wife that she watches on the reg that, coupled with my EPL addiction, it justifies the cost. Their app or sports streaming is no where near as user fiend it as YTTV, though.

JogginFrog

Sloppy goal to win it. Good on the English girl for her persistence. German defense should have cleared that better. Definitely a great 2nd half. Didn't see the whole match.
In the end, a quality match. The first two goals were both well created and finished, and it's fitting that the game-winner was effort more than skill. With that kind of crowd and attention, a satisfying conclusion. I was afraid it would be decided on a questionable spot kick late.