• The KillerFrogs

Bearing the brunt of two Kansas schools

And you have the figures.?. My guess is more people would watch KSU from the West/South/Mid-West/Southwest than would watch Rutgers(or Maryland), If the 2 were the only games competing for viewership... based entirely on KSU's hardnosed football history.

Again, the future members viewership are of concern now !!
From Stewart Mandel’s article in The Athletic—
Below is a chart of the remaining Pac-12 and Big 12 schools’ average TV ratings, from 2015-19 and 2021. (Games against Oklahoma/Texas and USC/UCLA are excluded.)
1659287232969.png
1659286310211.png

@TXTXFrog @Froglaw @froginaustin @Endless Purple
Two Power 5 schools in the small state of Kansas doesn’t work, they are both at the bottom of the Big XII. Add their two numbers together and you are at 1.16 million which would appropriately represent one P5 school in the state of Kansas and the Big XII. That combined number would be good for third place in the Big XII behind TCU at 1.22. One P5 school representing the state and conference becomes a relative TV financial strength for the conference instead of the conference bearing the brunt of two weaklings (times two, not simply one, but two, two of the current eight, that is 1/4 ! ) which burdens the TV deal for the Big XII. Turn Kansas into a football TV conference asset, instead of a football financial burden.

Last edited:

asleep003

From Stewart Mandel’s article in The Athletic—

Below is a chart of the remaining Pac-12 and Big 12 schools’ average TV ratings, from 2015-19 and 2021. (Games against Oklahoma/Texas and USC/UCLA are excluded.)

View attachment 11736
View attachment 11735
Two Power 5 schools in the small state of Kansas doesn’t work, they are both at the bottom of the Big XII. Add their two numbers together and you are at 1.16 million which would appropriately represent one P5 school in the state of Kansas and the Big XII. That combined number would be good for third place in the Big XII behind TCU at 1.22. One P5 school representing the state and conference becomes a relative TV financial strength for the conference instead of the conference bearing the brunt of two weaklings (times two, not simply one, but two, two of the current eight, that is 1/4 ! ) which burdens the TV deal for the Big XII. Turn Kansas into a football TV conference asset, instead of a football financial burden.
You're pretty thick headed are'nt you Ain't. We're trying to add Viewership, not crap on what and who we have as class member. Topic should focus on who we should be adding ... not subtracting. You really need to stop this nonsensical Trolly behavior !!

Last edited:
You're pretty thick headed are'nt you Ain't. We're trying to add Viewership, not [ Finebaum ] on what and who we have as class member. Topic should focus on who we should be adding ... not subtracting. You really need to stop this nonsensical Trolly behavior !!
Again, 003, I responded to YOUR question (my extended courtesy) with reasoned data that you asked for and you respond with unreasonable dismissive ridicule, calling me a thick headed troll. What’s up with that—that’s strike 2, maybe 3. Thick headed—I often am and I admit to my faults, or at least to the ones I can see. But, I am not a troll.

I may not respond to your questions anymore since you don’t appear to be a sincere/genuine man, which means you may be intentionally or unintentionally wasting my time.

Last edited:

froginaustin

Again, 003, I responded to YOUR question (my extended courtesy) with reasoned data that you asked for and you respond with unreasonable dismissive ridicule, calling me a thick headed troll. What’s up with that—that’s strike 2, maybe 3. Thick headed—I often am and I admit to my faults, or at least to the ones I can see. But, I am not a troll.

I may not respond to your questions anymore since you don’t appear to be a sincere/genuine man, which means you are wasting my time.

There is nothing reasoned about the information you place on this board. Just opinions and arguments grounded on opinions. Trolling. Nothing more.