• The KillerFrogs

Bearing the brunt of two Kansas schools

asleep003

Ain't... I included ISU as I see little difference in the 2, although ISU is AAU, they are the #2, say 40-60 to Iowa in the state... and for that matter OSU is probly 35-65 in viewership to OU. In reality, when it comes to football in the state of Kansas, KSU has reigned for decades.

So there are several others you could kick out of the conference to pick on.

asleep003

So an admitted bias for Big 12 brotherhood and maybe those Bill Snyder teams. That is valid, though it ain’t making money.
And you have the figures.?. My guess is more people would watch KSU from the West/South/Mid-West/Southwest than would watch Rutgers(or Maryland), If the 2 were the only games competing for viewership... based entirely on KSU's hardnosed football history.

Again, the future members viewership are of concern now !!

Last edited:

helcap

youve-been-chopped-eliminated.gif

TXTXFrog

The one school I would prefer not being in the Big 12 is Kansas State. The population of Kansas is only 2.9 million and in today’s era of viewership numbers it is impractical to have two Power 5 schools in that state, and in the same conference! Seems logical that each school is dragging down the numbers of the other and the Big 12 is bearing the full brunt of this—the Big 12 is not sharing this burden of two with another conference having one of them; the Big XII has both—it is foolish! If the University of Kansas was the only Power 5 school in the state, then its football team’s success, popularity and viewership numbers would trend up. All of this is enough pragmatic justification to understandably and politely ask Kansas State to leave the Big XII, hmm.
Have you seen KSU travel? They have a very loyal following. They fill the stands far better than TCU and have a winning record against TCU. I’m a TCU fan but not sure they are the weakest link. They also just got a QB that I’m pretty sure we would have liked to have.

westoverhillbilly

As I've said, there could be a re-shuffle and a secret deal that could emerge where some dead weight gets shed among the B12 and the PAC to form a new league. It happened in the formation of the Big 12 and the MWC. This would inolve and impact more schools and would be more difficult to maintain a secret, but it's been done before with success.

Endless Purple

I am surprised that there is so much support (well, how much really) for Kansas State, while most would not even consider adding Oregon State and Washington State to the Big 12 unless desperate. People are biased by their Big 12 brotherhood and those Bill Snyder teams.
Big difference between a school already in the conference vs inviting two new ones.

Endless Purple

In regards to Iowa St, they are the only Big 12 school in the state - not a fair comparison to the discussion.

Kansas vs Kansas St:

Do the current trends predict the future or will they revert back at some point to historical values, where Kansas has the better football program.

Either way, we have two schools in the state and not changing. I do not support kicking schools out just because they might be the 12th place school at some point in the future.

TXTXFrog

Kansas has been terrible for over 30 years. Dead last. They may become decent at some point, that’s all. KState has been in the top 25 a lot. Half of the college coaches around started there. It’s not a crap program.

asleep003

I would keep both Kansas schools and get rid of Baylor.
As I've said, there could be a re-shuffle and a secret deal that could emerge where some dead weight gets shed among the B12 and the PAC to form a new league. It happened in the formation of the Big 12 and the MWC. This would inolve and impact more schools and would be more difficult to maintain a secret, but it's been done before with success.
What kind of Knuckleheaded crap are you 2 spewing ...lol !!!

asleep003

In regards to Iowa St, they are the only Big 12 school in the state - not a fair comparison to the discussion.

Kansas vs Kansas St:
But ISU is still up against Iowa, a B1G Member with successful status, especially in football... so yes, and sure a fare more following than the Cyclones in a state of 3.2 million. So, different circumstances, yet still a similar position for both. Charter schools stay, not to mention any school presently in the conference stays !

Eight

Gee whiz...whatever happened to Baylor hate?

only so much to go around with the rapist in waco, the conference killing horns in austin, and the impending arrival of the cultist conference killers to the northwest

tough to channel in to one fanbase