• The KillerFrogs

What we are hearing from the Big 12 and Pac 12

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Emily Blunt What GIF by The Animal Crackers Movie

HG73

Big Ten evaluating Cal, Oregon, Stanford and Washington from Pac-12 as further expansion considered

Probably evaluating CAL because of governor Gavin. Then threw O&W in there to make it look like they weren't evaluating Cal & Stanford because of governor Gavin. Bet the B1G takes C & S to lock up the whole state of CA.

Good for us either way. PAC loses two more teams and pretty soon no more PAC. Personally I would take C&S in a heartbeat.

Long Time Lurker

Hopefully Phil Nike called us that day when he was working the phones. Oregon should be our first choice then Stanford. Then I would take geography from the bunch.
Stanford also helps us work some kind of deal with Norte Dame. I hate hate hate ND but if they can get one or two big 12 games on broadcast TV every Saturday and get us the pay day we want then I’m all for it.

Virginia Frog

Probably evaluating CAL because of governor Gavin. Then threw O&W in there to make it look like they weren't evaluating Cal & Stanford because of governor Gavin. Bet the B1G takes C & S to lock up the whole state of CA.

Good for us either way. PAC loses two more teams and pretty soon no more PAC. Personally I would take C&S in a heartbeat.
If the Big 10 takes 4 more PAC'ers (to satisfy Gov. Look-at-me-barely-competent) they are nuts.

Taking 2 more from the PAC would be optimal (for them and the B12.)
(It keeps 2 spaces open for the Eastern flank of Virginia & NC to complete the 20-team Big 10x2 - ND is staying "independent.")

Taking in the UofCal in any form or fashion is pure stupid (politics!) and they'll live to regret THAT move.

Stanford & Oregon, or,
Wash & Oregon (my choice)
either would be optimal for football and gives the Big 16-18 a real West Coast presence ( and traveling/time zone efficiencies.)

It would appear that Arizona and CU are the most eager. Utah and ASU appear hesitant. Also chatter of a G5 team the conference may be interested in and my assumption is SDSU, to which I can see the attraction if and it would cut off PAC's top expansion target. If the goal is 20 I would say they are definitely in play.