• The KillerFrogs

OT - Movies thread

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
I’m watching Season 4 of “Unforgotten” on Amazon Prime.

British cold case murder mystery detective show. It’s just a very well-done series (realistic, no explosions or car chases, not overproduced, great acting, etc…).

Recommend, 8/10
Is that the one where a female runs kind of a cold case unit?

Last edited:

Creeperfrog

I tried several times to watch this and the weirdness of the building they work in was just too crazy to like. I am not a sci-fi fan so that didn't help.
I liked severance bc of of the weirdness while they were at work. They have been brainwashed and are basically a cult. Nothing is strange to them bc thats what is the norm and acceptable, when they are there.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
The wife dragged me to a chick flick called Mrs Harris Goes To Paris about a London maid that goes to Paris to buy a Dior gown. Other than all the old hens talking during the movie it was actually an enjoyable movie about 1958 Paris. The most appealing part of it for me was a Portuguese newcomer named Alba Baptiste that played a Dior model.

1658498316338.jpeg

Chongo94

Watched Shot Caller tonight. Pretty good cast.

Rough….stock broker with a wife and kid basically becomes a super hard core prison guy after getting thrown into the prison system for a car accident that resulted in manslaughter.

It was pretty good but man it makes you think. Ugh.

Ron Swanson

Watched a couple episodes of Prehistoric Planet on AppleTV+ last night. By far the most realistic dinosaur CGI ever done. It’s just like you’re watching a real BBC nature program, only it’s dinosaurs. Incredible.

ShadowFrog

Moderators
I am going to amend my earlier recommendation for The Nevers:

Just watched last episode and……I need to read about 100 pages of Reddit posts to understand the drug trip Joss Weeden just took. But I’ll keep watching when/if further episodes appear post Covid.

You’ve been warned…..

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
Saw The Gray Man. Very disappointing IMO, having read the books. Vaguely resembled the book, very vaguely. My wife never read the books and liked it.
Gosling was pretty good and Chris Evans was good as Lloyd. But they had Brewer wrong and Fitzroy was CIA and not a private British contractor. Not that Gray Man is entirely married to realism, but this movie wasn‘t even near the church.

Suppose it would be entertaining to those unfamiliar with the characters and/or the books.

stbrab

Agree…the movie is good, but unnecessarily different from the books. I started reading the books early this summer and on #7 now. The story line changes don’t make sense. The only character that’s remotely close to the book is Gosling as the Gray Man.

Cougar/Frog

Saw The Gray Man. Very disappointing IMO, having read the books. Vaguely resembled the book, very vaguely. My wife never read the books and liked it.
Gosling was pretty good and Chris Evans was good as Lloyd. But they had Brewer wrong and Fitzroy was CIA and not a private British contractor. Not that Gray Man is entirely married to realism, but this movie wasn‘t even near the church.

Suppose it would be entertaining to those unfamiliar with the characters and/or the books.
I watched it today. I found it weak. I never read the books.

Froglaw

Took Showgirl to see Where the Crawdads Sing. I had read the book so i was hoping the movie was good. It is worth it.

Not a chick flick by any stretch of the imaginaction.

Script does not follow the chronology of the book and that might be a good thing for a two hour movie.