• The KillerFrogs

2022 MLB Thread*

Seattle is hot, and I ain’t talking about the weather—

“The Mariners announced Monday that Friday’s game vs. the Astros — the first out of the All-Star break — is sold out.
And it might not be the only sell-out crowd of the weekend.

Before the All-Star break, the Mariners were expecting a crowd of just more than 25,000. But ticket sales have been brisk with the team looking to tie a franchise record of 15 straight wins.”

The Stros, hopefully with Alvarez back in the lineup, first have a doubleheader tomorrow with the Damn Yankees. They play 19 games in 18 days—seven with the Mariners and three with the Red Sox. Then after one off day, they play 13 consecutive.

Last edited:
I love the Astros beating the Bronx Bombers, and they did it again today, twice—a doubleheader. Alvarez in his first game back from the IL made the difference in the second game, with two two-out hits (a homer and a 2 rbi double) extending the innings. It helps to have the best bats in the lineup and be able to string hits together.

Eight

the people in charge of scheduling for mlb have done no favors for houston coming out of the all-star break

19 games in 18 straight days starting with the doubleheader at home against the yankees, fly to seattle tonight for three in seattle, three in oakland, four at home with seattle, three with boston, and then to cleveland for four games

really weird part of their schedule is after the swing through the west coast in this stretch they only 3 more games out on the west coast among their last 52 regular season games

bmoney214

OUCH!!!
the people in charge of scheduling for mlb have done no favors for houston coming out of the all-star break

19 games in 18 straight days starting with the doubleheader at home against the yankees, fly to seattle tonight for three in seattle, three in oakland, four at home with seattle, three with boston, and then to cleveland for four games

really weird part of their schedule is after the swing through the west coast in this stretch they only 3 more games out on the west coast among their last 52 regular season games
You can thank the greedy ass players and owners for that. Had to squeeze in as many games possible after the lockout.

The Astros won the Yankees regular season series, 5-2. The following stat is not as remarkable as it may first seem, but posting it anyway—

ESPN Stats & Info @ESPNStatsInfo—
The Yankees finish their season series against the Astros with a .151 batting average. That's the lowest by the Yankees in a season against a single opponent in franchise history (min. 5 games).

nwlafrog

@The Artist Formerly Known as PhormerPhrog - Sorry you missed the ending, but glad you had a great memorable day.

My favorite MLB ballpark experiences:
1) Wrigley (though it's been 34 years ago) (first visit in '87, pre-lights)
2) Fenway (15 years ago)
3) Old Comiskey (also 34 years ago; loved the archways and double deck structure you see in the old pics)
4) Shea
5) Old Yankee
6) Dodger
7) Ballpark in Arlington (Rangers fan) (They did it right)
8) Anaheim - Because I lucked out with free tickets behind the plate and saw late '90s Rangers finish a sweep by scoring something like 18 runs.

Would like to see games in the Giants and Padres ballparks.

Would 100x rather see a game in old Arlington Stadium than the current Globe Life Park.
1) Fenway bc Fenway and all of its awesomeness
2) The Ballpark in Arlington bc I threw a ball to you while you chased down Pudge Rodriguez’s Porsche for an autograph and the many other memorable times that I have attended Rangers games.
3) Shea bc that place was so wild from start to finish. Best baseball game time atmosphere ever.
4) Old Yankee bc I feel obligated bc it’s history