• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

QuilterFrawg

CDR USN (Ret)
animals-story-cat-cat_lover-cat_owner-shaggy_dog-cza1319_low.jpg

froginmn

Episode six and seven about our neighbors (October and November 2021)

First, about a week after the wedding my FIL was in town. My wife and I were both working and the neighbor woman came over with the Lego name plates, saying that we'd "forgotten" them at the reception.

Not surprisingly we're seeing more odd habits from these people. They walk a long way in bad weather to go to breakfast; maybe that's admirable but it's also strange when normal people would just drive. They have other various habits that seem different.

The big thing from last fall was that they painted their house an appalling shade of blue. The colors in our neighborhood are muted and maybe a little boring; they've broken that mold with a bright blue - maybe Boise State blue. They also hung two flags on either side of the garage - one US, one British. Then added a banner hanging between them with a variety of flags. Cool.

They also got a bulldog puppy named Thatcher. She told us that her previous dog was named Margaret.

This lady also gets dressed up in a skirt with nylons to go for walks around the neighborhood. And in November she was doing yard work, vacuuming up leaves with a leaf vac, while wearing that outfit.

They're not getting more normal...

Purp

Episode six and seven about our neighbors (October and November 2021)

First, about a week after the wedding my FIL was in town. My wife and I were both working and the neighbor woman came over with the Lego name plates, saying that we'd "forgotten" them at the reception.

Not surprisingly we're seeing more odd habits from these people. They walk a long way in bad weather to go to breakfast; maybe that's admirable but it's also strange when normal people would just drive. They have other various habits that seem different.

The big thing from last fall was that they painted their house an appalling shade of blue. The colors in our neighborhood are muted and maybe a little boring; they've broken that mold with a bright blue - maybe Boise State blue. They also hung two flags on either side of the garage - one US, one British. Then added a banner hanging between them with a variety of flags. Cool.

They also got a bulldog puppy named Thatcher. She told us that her previous dog was named Margaret.

This lady also gets dressed up in a skirt with nylons to go for walks around the neighborhood. And in November she was doing yard work, vacuuming up leaves with a leaf vac, while wearing that outfit.

They're not getting more normal...
I like the dog names. I'd name a dog Reagan, but not sure I'd use Ronald.

Showtime Joe 2.0

I like the dog names. I'd name a dog Reagan, but not sure I'd use Ronald.
Over the decades, I named three of my cats after Republican presidents: Herbert Hoover, Calvin Coolidge, and Theodore Roosevelt. Oddly enough, each cat seemed to embody the personality of the president I named him after! They were all purebreds from championship lines: two were Siamese and one was Tonkinese.

The last one I had (Theodore) got very sick suddenly one night and I put him in his cage to rush him to a 24-hour animal hospital. Sure enough, a cop pulled me over for speeding on the way there. When I told him why I was speeding, he shined his flashlight into the cage and said, "That cat is dead." When he told me that, I started weeping profusely. He felt sorry for me and let me go without a ticket.

Whenever one of my cats died, I'd always buy another kitten. But I couldn't do that when Theodore died since, according to actuarial tables, the kitten and I would most likely wind up in a race to the death and that would be a race that I couldn't take a chance on losing. It's bad enough to have to bury a pet but, sad to say, no pet is capable of burying his owner.

Over the decades, I named three of my cats after Republican presidents: Herbert Hoover, Calvin Coolidge, and Theodore Roosevelt. Oddly enough, each cat seemed to embody the personality of the president I named him after! They were all purebreds from championship lines: two were Siamese and one was Tonkinese.

The last one I had (Theodore) got very sick suddenly one night and I put him in his cage to rush him to a 24-hour animal hospital. Sure enough, a cop pulled me over for speeding on the way there. When I told him why I was speeding, he shined his flashlight into the cage and said, "That cat is dead." When he told me that, I started weeping profusely. He felt sorry for me and let me go without a ticket.

Whenever one of my cats died, I'd always buy another kitten. But I couldn't do that when Theodore died since, according to actuarial tables, the kitten and I would most likely wind up in a race to the death and that would be a race that I couldn't take a chance on losing. It's bad enough to have to bury a pet but, sad to say, no pet is capable of burying his owner.
I thought you were a dude?

....sorry for your loss and crass comment but not a cat person
...reminds me of my across the hall neighbor at TCU one day who was going on and on about how is girlfriend's [ muschi ] was ill , had to take her to dr blah blah blah... took me a minute to figure out he was talking about her cat.

WIN

My parents rescued a dog that outlived his owner. Best thing to happen to all three that is my parents and the dog.

Tony Lema

Ticket Exchange Pass
I thought you were a dude?

....sorry for your loss and crass comment but not a cat person
...reminds me of my across the hall neighbor at TCU one day who was going on and on about how is girlfriend's [ muschi ] was ill , had to take her to dr blah blah blah... took me a minute to figure out he was talking about her cat.
My wife knew I liked cats. After we were married she told me that she knew guys that liked cats were more loving, kind, and considerate. She wouldn’t have married me if I didn’t like cats.

Paul in uhh

Reminds me of another poster who years ago had their cat secure a number of “acting” gigs that paid decently well