• The KillerFrogs

OT: Attorney question

sketchy

Can anyone give a recommendation for an estate planning attorney?
I have a lot of experience with criminal attorneys (due to my job...not my misdeeds), but no experience with estate planning.

I'm not rich, but I do want to set up trusts with specific conditions for my 2 adult daughters.
I do not want their mother (ex-wife) having any say or any access to what I leave.....her history makes me want to go this route.

Anyway, just wanted to see if anyone has a recommendation for an attorney specializing in this form of law.
I appreciate it

Eight

I have a lot of experience with criminal attorneys (due to my job...not my misdeeds), but no experience with estate planning.

I'm not rich, but I do want to set up trusts with specific conditions for my 2 adult daughters.
I do not want their mother (ex-wife) having any say or any access to what I leave.....her history makes me want to go this route.

Anyway, just wanted to see if anyone has a recommendation for an attorney specializing in this form of law.
I appreciate it

hmmmm...poster who goes by sketchy asking for attorney to hide assets from ex......

ticketfrog123

If you have a financial advisor or wealth management contact they tend to have more touch points locally.

As a data point, I was quoted 5k as cost for a single trust which I felt was high. found a different solution.

Generally, most people tend to transfer assets via IRAs and brokerage accounts as those are non-probate and avoid the tie up of challenging a will, etc.

Eight

This is how my eyes read the above.

seinfeld-not-that-theres-anything-wrong.gif

Brog

I appreciate it
Any will can have a simple sentence included that simply says, "Mary Jones (or whatever her name is) is not to receive directly or indirectly any of the proceeds of this estate." Of course, you have no say at all on what happens after you have departed this vale of tears. Your daughters can, if they choose, immediately give any or part or all of their inheritance to their mother, who will then be sitting at the Ritz Carlton chuckling over how she finally got to old Sketchy.

Showtime Joe 2.0

I never practiced in that field myself but I would wholeheartedly recommend Blair Norman at Norman & Norman, P.C. He did a great job setting up my late mother's estate several years ago. The firm is located off of University Drive across the street from the zoo and their phone number is (817) 335-5000. Estate planning is all they do.

screetch

I appreciate it
What city?

Froglaw

Any will can have a simple sentence included that simply says, "Mary Jones (or whatever her name is) is not to receive directly or indirectly any of the proceeds of this estate." Of course, you have no say at all on what happens after you have departed this vale of tears. Your daughters can, if they choose, immediately give any or part or all of their inheritance to their mother, who will then be sitting at the Ritz Carlton chuckling over how she finally got to old Sketchy.

This is why you want a lawyer and not a sport fan board for legal advice.

The money can go into a Trust with limits on what the trustee can do with the money Including only benefiting the named beneficiaries of the trust.

Again, hire an attorney who does wills, estates, trusts, and probate.

Brog

This is why you want a lawyer and not a sport fan board for legal advice.

The money can go into a Trust with limits on what the trustee can do with the money Including only benefiting the named beneficiaries of the trust.

Again, hire an attorney who does wills, estates, trusts, and probate.
If you think those daughters and their scheming mother can't find ways around this, you need to see another lawyer. don't forget that you will be long gone when the mother and daughters are planning their Cancun trip.

Last edited:

Limp Lizard

I never practiced in that field myself but I would wholeheartedly recommend Blair Norman at Norman & Norman, P.C. He did a great job setting up my late mother's estate several years ago. The firm is located off of University Drive across the street from the zoo and their phone number is (817) 335-5000. Estate planning is all they do.
Across University from the zoo? In Log Cabin Village?:D