• The KillerFrogs

Big 12 Expansion

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
I'm gonna love watching the squirm to keep the Pac name. Stanford, Cal, OSU and WSU begging SDSU, UNLV, Boise and CSU to come on board and then figuring out another 2-4 to 10 or 12.
Heh. And, how we listened to them snobbishly dump on us for years about our poor academics and backward customs... "Those whom Gods destroy..."

TCUdirtbag

We stop at 18 or 20. Schedules get terrible after that. Play your division + X number of games against teams from other division.

1 OOC game per year + Big 12 title game at Cowboys

For this reason, I think we only take 2 teams from PAC 12 and wait for ACC. Oregon and Utah are first choice.

Interest in UW or Colorado is minimal - extra hate for Colorado since they left the Big 12 already

I disagree with most of this, but regardless if we expand west we should rotate the conference title game between east and west — likely Arlington and Vegas.

TCUdirtbag

Won’t be an ACC soon. ND has to make a decision soon which will force FSU + Clemson into SEC. VT, UNC and other desirable schools will ditch soon after.

Big assumptions here - ie that there would be enough slots for ACC schools to go. More likely they’ll be backfilling if they lose any.

asleep003

I'm gonna love watching the squirm to keep the Pac name. Stanford, Cal, OSU and WSU begging SDSU, UNLV, Boise and CSU to come on board and then figuring out another 2-4 to 10 or 12.
Really couldn't ever see Stanford or Cal wanting any part of your scenario to keep the PAC name... they'll be on their knees to the B12... and if that doesn't occur, then fold football, which would be sad.

asleep003

As mentioned before, you take the 4 largest media/metro markets from PAC and 4 largest available from the ACC. That gets Big12 from 3 Top 25 media/metro markets to 9 Top 25 markets. A very noticeable player for TV negotiations, if not with ESPN/FOX, then other media Contributors.

Eight

I heard a report that the legislatures in Washington and Oregon said U can’t go without state.

wife's family has said the same and i can tell you there are people in washington state who are perfectly happy with athletics taking a step backward

Really couldn't ever see Stanford or Cal wanting any part of your scenario to keep the PAC name... they'll be on their knees to the B12... and if that doesn't occur, then fold football, which would be sad.

Can totally see that scenario as well. Bottom line...they never join MWC but they'll beg others to join PAC. If that doesn't happen I can see them folding their football programs and joining the WCC for all other sports.

East Coast

Tier 1
We stop at 18 or 20. Schedules get terrible after that. Play your division + X number of games against teams from other division.

1 OOC game per year + Big 12 title game at Cowboys

For this reason, I think we only take 2 teams from PAC 12 and wait for ACC. Oregon and Utah are first choice.

Interest in UW or Colorado is minimal - extra hate for Colorado since they left the Big 12 already
Not the biggest fan of Colorado either, but the reason they left the Big 12 is headed to the SEC