Big 12 Expansion

DelFrog

BIG 12 SPORTS ARTICLES

Big 12 Meeting Tuesday to Discuss Adding Four Pac-12 Teams: Report​

838869fdc41b8ee26950382867dd172e

ByMatthew Postins
Posted on July 3, 2022
NCAA Football: Arizona State at Arizona

The Big 12 is meeting on Tuesday about adding four new members from the Pac-12, according to a report from Wildcat Authority, part of the 247Sports.com network.

Wildcat Authority, which covers the University of Arizona, wrote that sources indicated that the meeting would be about Arizona, Arizona State, Utah, and Colorado joining the Big 12. The report noted that this would be the biggest discussion to take place regarding the topic.

www.heartlandcollegesports.com/2022/07/03/big-12-meeting-tuesday-adding-pac12-teams/

Klaw

I am in favor of adding these schools. It makes sense from a geographic, rivalry and adding 3 large TV markets.

If big 12 goes to 16, i we go to a 4 school pod system for scheduling with no divisions and best 2 records play for the title.

Play nine game conference schedule where you play each team from you pod every year then play 2 schools from the other 3 pods for 2 years then switch To the other teams that you had not played for 2 years

Limey Frog

The last ten years of college football industry jockeying have proved that the market dynamics tilt toward the east. We don't want to be on the West Coast for the sake of being on the West Coast; you'd do it for USC, but you shouldn't do it for Cal. If they're interested, we want the four schools whose names are being consistently mentioned, then we need to wait on what happens to the ACC. within a year or two we might be picking up several of Nc State, Pitt, Syracue, BC, GT, VT, Louisville, etc.

Wexahu

The last ten years of college football industry jockeying have proved that the market dynamics tilt toward the east. We don't want to be on the West Coast for the sake of being on the West Coast; you'd do it for USC, but you shouldn't do it for Cal. If they're interested, we want the four schools whose names are being consistently mentioned, then we need to wait on what happens to the ACC. within a year or two we might be picking up several of Nc State, Pitt, Syracue, BC, GT, VT, Louisville, etc.
Agree that it seems that way but kind of odd too since I think most of the population growth is generally from east to west.

LisaLT

BIG 12 SPORTS ARTICLES

Big 12 Meeting Tuesday to Discuss Adding Four Pac-12 Teams: Report​

838869fdc41b8ee26950382867dd172e

ByMatthew Postins
Posted on July 3, 2022
NCAA Football: Arizona State at Arizona

The Big 12 is meeting on Tuesday about adding four new members from the Pac-12, according to a report from Wildcat Authority, part of the 247Sports.com network.

Wildcat Authority, which covers the University of Arizona, wrote that sources indicated that the meeting would be about Arizona, Arizona State, Utah, and Colorado joining the Big 12. The report noted that this would be the biggest discussion to take place regarding the topic.

www.heartlandcollegesports.com/2022/07/03/big-12-meeting-tuesday-adding-pac12-teams/
Out of all the expansion candidates, these 4 seem to make the most logistical sense.

I would assume Oregon and Washington somehow will end up in the Big10.

HG73

And the Big 12 ends up with 16 (not counting the two we are slamming the door on as they walk away). How big do we go? And why that number?
The TV suits know the value of every school. Keep adding until the next one doesn't add anything to the TV deal.

I'm a firm believer in taking the bird in the hand. Would we have offered UH, CINN, UCF AND BYU if we knew we could get the 4 mountain teams? I don't know, but without the first 4 we may not be viewed as stable enough for the PAC teams. (Can't believe I just said that.)

We must kill the PAC now while it is vulnerable. Less competition.