• The KillerFrogs

USC and UCLA to the Big 10?

Paul in uhh

I’m happy to root for the frogs whether they play Alabama or Alabama tech. I know what I’d prefer but let’s not be so delusional into thinking TCU is getting a playoff invite unless they go 13-0 AND there is room (no second sec team for example)

vicarfrog

Things are getting real weird guys, definitely feeling out of the loop on “something”… wondering if it’s the signal or the noise.

So It Begins Helms Deep GIF by Giphy QA

LVH

I’m happy to root for the frogs whether they play Alabama or Alabama tech. I know what I’d prefer but let’s not be so delusional into thinking TCU is getting a playoff invite unless they go 13-0 AND there is room (no second sec team for example)
The "playoff" will be restricted to teams only in the mega league.

I'd be surprised if the mega league even plays games against teams outside of the mega league. If they do it will be treated as a one-way buy game for season openers like how FCS opponents are currently used for that.

Paul in uhh

The "playoff" will be restricted to teams only in the mega league.

I'd be surprised if the mega league even plays games against teams outside of the mega league. If they do it will be treated as a one-way buy game for season openers like how FCS opponents are currently used for that.
As I said, not worried about being in the league or not. The only knock they have against TCU is fan base size. So if that means we go back to hanging 60 on Wyoming again then so be it. I’ll still watch the frogs.

LVH

As I said, not worried about being in the league or not. The only knock they have against TCU is fan base size. So if that means we go back to hanging 60 on Wyoming again then so be it. I’ll still watch the frogs.
Same - I don't want to be apart of this mega league monstrosity. Because I will be heavily rooting against it to fail. I want it to fail so badly that the big schools have to come back to the bargaining table with the small schools.

Paul in uhh

If the whole landscape gets reformed and the teams in the future are hand picked by espn, I like our odds of getting picked. If we have to fight “legacy” programs like vandy, BC, Northwestern, Rutgers.. then I don’t like our odds.

Obviously the more teams “in” the better for us. I estimate is to be in the mid 40s on desirability.

Paul in uhh

Same - I don't want to be apart of this mega league monstrosity. Because I will be heavily rooting against it to fail. I want it to fail so badly that the big schools have to come back to the bargaining table with the small schools.
I’m sure usc fans can’t wait to tune into their 9am game against Rutgers

Eight

I’m sure usc fans can’t wait to tune into their 9am game against Rutgers

that 11 am game is an 8 am start on the west coast and the body clock on that for the teams is insane

consider the same for a tuesday night basketball game in la

there is nothing practical, reasonable, or logical about this move other than greed and fear to survive

the negative ripple effect on multiple sports is going to be an interesting trainwreck

Paul in uhh

that 11 am game is an 8 am start on the west coast and the body clock on that for the teams is insane

there is nothing practical, reasonable, or logical about this move other than greed and fear to survive

the negative ripple effect on multiple sports is going to be an interesting trainwreck
I’m interested to see what happens to Kansas basketball when they get left out.

Chongo94

Can you imagine the road trip from USC to Maryland?

Hell.

HG73

When this is over there will be 2 power leagues max and we will not be a part of it. The only leftover Big 12 team with a chance to be a part of it is Kansas.

There will not be 4 power leagues. The ACC and Pac 12 will die as their best brands get picked off by the MEGA LEAGUE.
There is already a superconference, it's called the B1GSEC. Add some west coast teams and it's over. 30-34 teams making twice the money as the other two remaining conferences. That's a super league.

Big12 needs to be selective with the leftover PAC. Take whoever maximizes the TV deal. Probably anybody except WSU & OSU. This would be an undisputed #3 out of 4 power leagues.

Just another death rattle from what was the greatness of college football. Politicians, lawyers, and activist sportswriters killed the game. Between NIL, Free Agency/Transfer Portal, and Mega Conferences college football is just a bastardized NFL Minor League. I truly hope TCU doesn't try to keep up with the Joneses. It would be much more enjoyable cheer for Mega Conference failure and watch TCU play SMU, Tech, Baylor and Houston than see TCU be a bottom feeder in the NFL Minor League system. I'm curious how many folks who's alma mater is left out of the Mega Conference will care/watch?

Wexahu

There is already a superconference, it's called the B1GSEC. Add some west coast teams and it's over. 30-34 teams making twice the money as the other two remaining conferences. That's a super league.

Big12 needs to be selective with the leftover PAC. Take whoever maximizes the TV deal. Probably anybody except WSU & OSU. This would be an undisputed #3 out of 4 power leagues.
At this point it's basically over. Like LVH said, people have their heads in the sand.

It really doesn't matter who the Big 12 tries to get.

LVH

You're still operating under the assumption that there will be 4 "power" leagues.

Eight

Just another death rattle from what was the greatness of college football. Politicians, lawyers, and activist sportswriters killed the game. Between NIL, Free Agency/Transfer Portal, and Mega Conferences college football is just a bastardized NFL Minor League. I truly hope TCU doesn't try to keep up with the Joneses. It would be much more enjoyable cheer for Mega Conference failure and watch TCU play SMU, Tech, Baylor and Houston than see TCU be a bottom feeder in the NFL Minor League system. I'm curious how many folks who's alma mater is left out of the Mega Conference will care/watch?

this started once ou and georgia won that lawsuit. all that other is fluff to the role that television has played in this process and the lawyers and the nil are the least of the issues