• The KillerFrogs

MLS 2021,2022 and beyond

hiphopfroggy

Austin FC sign forward Sebastian Driussi as Designated Player

qlpakfmhmclkekz0b4pu.jpg

Austin FC have signed Argentine forward Sebastian Driussi, the club announced Thursday. Driussi joins on a Designated Player deal.

Driussi, 25, was most recently with Russian giants Zenit St. Petersburg but officially departed earlier this week via a contract buyout. He broke through at River Plate and Argentine youth national teams before joining Zenit in 2017 for a reported $17 million deal. He had 24 goals and 22 assists in 138 appearances with Zenit after 27 goals and eight assists with River Plate.

Austin FC sign Senegal youth international forward Moussa Djitte

Austin FC have acquired forward Moussa Djitte from French side Grenoble, the club announced Wednesday. Djitte will occupy an MLS U22 Initiative roster spot and signed a contract through 2024 with a club option for 2025.

Djitte, 21, had 15 goals and two assists in 67 appearances (47 starts) with Grenoble, a Ligue 2 club. He previously featured for Swiss side FC Sion, where he had four goals in 25 appearances (16 starts). He began his professional career at Senegal Premier League side ASC Niarry Tally. He is a Senegalese youth international, representing his country at the U-20 and U-23 levels.

DixieFrog

Ticket Exchange Pass
I’m ready for this season too. I split season tickets last year to Atlanta United with a fellow frog Alum and her Fiancée and I didn’t get to go to a single game. I live walking distance to Mercedes Benz Stadium and can see it from my patio. We have the biggest crowds and best fans and I imagine Austin will be super passionate as well. Fun times ahead!

I'm one of the '17's and go to every home match.

Vamos 5 Stripes!!!!!

ZVyjg6S.png

hiphopfroggy

MLS picks back up this Saturday with Dallas in 2nd and Austin in 4th. Meanwhile Houston with a huge signing to make a push. Texas soccer looking strong and exciting. Finally went to an Austin match (v Orlando) and had a blast.

njutyunq1vmz7pa1rauz.png

hiphopfroggy

Is Apple TV's soccer deal a first step in changing how we watch (and pay for) sports?​

You can see good and bad in the deal with Major League Soccer — and a lot that we simply don't know yet. There are certainly some things to watch out for, however.

Tuesday's announcement of a 10-year deal between Apple TV and Major League Soccer — worth at least $2.5 billion, per reports — felt historic on a number of levels.

Set to start next year and run through 2032, the agreement will make every MLS game available through the Apple TV app, with no blackout restrictions, for a yet-to-be-announced fee.

We've seen leagues dabble in sub-packages of games on streaming devices — Amazon streams Thursday NFL games and Apple TV has some MLB rights, for example — this MLS deal is the first to take a major sport and move it entirely onto a streaming platform. I talked about the revolutionary nature of this on Wednesday's Daily Delivery podcast.

https://www.startribune.com/apple-tvs-huge-deal-with-mls-the-good-the-bad-and-the-unknown/600182334/

Chongo94

MLS picks back up this Saturday with Dallas in 2nd and Austin in 4th. Meanwhile Houston with a huge signing to make a push. Texas soccer looking strong and exciting. Finally went to an Austin match (v Orlando) and had a blast.

njutyunq1vmz7pa1rauz.png
Whoa is this legit? That’s a decent pickup one would think.

Couldn’t find this thread the other day, thanks for popping it back up.

Purp

I'm sure this will lead to some Apple TV subs that don't already exist, but I won't be one of them. I've got enough streaming services. I love soccer, but I've refused to bite on Peacock and I won't bite on Apple TV. I don't like this move for myself, but it's great for the league.

hiphopfroggy

Being a soft, entitled, tiddybaby must be an Austin thing. Two dudes bang heads. The guy for the Burn keeps playing. The guy for Austin rolls around for 5 minutes like a little [ hundin].
That was a great game and the rivalry is real. I was a little worried wit no goals at half but the 2nd half was bonkers.

Dallas fan in the stands went crazy when they went up 2-0, talking trash to everyone and filming it on his phone, in a jovial way. I'm afraid he captured me with a sad face.

He jinxed the team and was getting hell at the end of the match, but in a fun way. Good times for both teams.