• The KillerFrogs

2021-2022 TCU Baseball Thread

Endless Purple

"Bruce and the rest of his staff also pieced together one of the top offenses in the country in 2021 as the team ranked in the top 10 nationally in batting average, doubles per game and slugging percentage. The team was also strong defensively as it ranked fifth nationally in double plays per game and was in the top 25 nationally in team fielding percentage."

PurplFrawg

Administrator
thanks i guess, obvious west coast ties

anyone know if he is recruiter, strong on player development, ties to juco programs etc.....
"Bruce has established himself as one of the top recruiters in the nation as Collegiate Baseball ranked the Wolf Pack’s 2016 class 35th in the country. It was the first nationally ranked recruiting class in school history. D1Baseball.com ranked Bruce as one of the top 10 head coaches in recruiting."

Endless Purple

From his bio:

"Bruce has established himself as one of the top recruiters in the nation as Collegiate Baseball ranked the Wolf Pack’s 2016 class 35th in the country. It was the first nationally ranked recruiting class in school history. D1Baseball.com ranked Bruce as one of the top 10 head coaches in recruiting."

"Despite losing nearly 80 percent of its at bats from 2015, the Wolf Pack posted a stellar .319 batting average on the season, which ranked second in the conference and ninth out of 295 Division I teams. Bruce’s defensive expertise also paid dividends as Nevada led the MW with a .977 fielding percentage, which set a new program record and ranked in the top 25 nationally."

bmoney214

OUCH!!!
Not to be a buzzkill or anything, but this is 2022.

QuilterFrawg

CDR USN (Ret)
Naa. @QuilterFrawg is only concerned about cuteness factor. Stats like era and opponents batting average don't mean much of anything.
85750017.jpg

Eight

From his bio:

"Despite losing nearly 80 percent of its at bats from 2015, the Wolf Pack posted a stellar .319 batting average on the season, which ranked second in the conference and ninth out of 295 Division I teams. Bruce’s defensive expertise also paid dividends as Nevada led the MW with a .977 fielding percentage, which set a new program record and ranked in the top 25 nationally."

appreciate the efforts by you two on this, but i agree with bmoney in that pointing to a single recruiting class 6 years ago doesn't give much to go on and country i understand that college baseball is a very niche' sport

curious if pharm has any thoughts or if his knowledge of college programs is pretty much middle america. moose is most likely busy for the next three weeks so will just be patient

did see he played one year at tech and transferred back to long beach state. also saw he played three years at st. john bosco. completely ridiculous wish on my part, but it would be nice if he has some connections back on the old high school and he could open the door for dykes and staff