• The KillerFrogs

Does Turpin get an invite to the NFL ...

ShreveFrog

Or Rudy Ruetigger? That dude was five foot nothing, a hundred and nothing. Had miles and miles of heart. Do you believe in miracles?
Well Done Reaction GIF

I don't know if he has the measurables for the NFL but I hope he gets a shot to find out. A lot of guys could have thrown in the towel but he kept working for the opportunity that he got and seems to have made the most of it.

4 Oaks Frog

Hump. I guess the USFL MVP is just not good enough to at least get a look from the NFL. Oh well…
GO FROGS!
BEAT EVERYBODY!
Spit Blood ~~<~<and fornicate baylor!!

asleep003

Ever heard of Muggsey Bogues or Eddie Gaedel?
Funny you mentioned Muggsey. When Turpin was getting recruited by zero P5 teams at the moment, when he was 150#, he and Meach were touring the campus and while watching BB practice, a basketball rolled in his direction and he took the ball to the hoop and did a tomahawk dunk just for the fun of it... and Meach gave him the offer that day. Signed 1/23/15 as Frogs his only P5 offer. Only other P5 offer, was TT 1 week later.

Last edited:

06DallasFrog

Funny you mentioned Muggsey. When Turpin was getting recruited by zero P5 teams at the moment, when he was 150#, he and Meach were touring the campus and while watching BB practice, a basketball rolled in his direction and he took the ball to the hoop and did a tomahawk dunk just for the fun of it... and Meach gave him the offer that day. Signed 1/23/15 as Frogs his only P5 offer. Only other P5 offer, was TT 1 week later.

I think there is also a video of him dunking in the Rickel for some students or teammates. It's pretty crazy how high he got.

CountryFrog

Hump. I guess the USFL MVP is just not good enough to at least get a look from the NFL. Oh well…
GO FROGS!
BEAT EVERYBODY!
Well actually that is right, despite the fact that I know you were being sarcastic. No one in the NFL gives 2 [ Finebaum ]s who the MVP of the USFL is.

Now that doesn't mean he won't get a chance with a team at some point. But it'll have nothing at all to do with an award he received while playing against competition that every NFL team has deemed to also be not good enough for them.

I'm not looking to bash on Turpin. I'm happy for him that he's got a career in football and that he won this award. That's great for him and I'd love to see him have success in the NFL. This idea, though, that having success in the USFL means anything for his NFL future is just wrong. There are reasons teams passed on him to begin with and none of those reasons have changed. That doesn't mean he'll never get a chance but the odds of him making a team and succeeding are still incredibly low.

Last edited:
Turpin Time has burst with 4.35-.38 speed, a 40” vertical and full speed elusiveness that can be jaw-dropping. I will speculate that if he had shown maturity and/or a professional approach to improve at the technical aspects of receiver that he would be in the NFL with his elite athletic talent. His head may have been more the problem than his size. I guess he will now get his chance, at age 26 in August, if he can communicate he has the drive and discipline, and still has that burst and shiftiness.

Not as small as Turpin, but Ernest Givens (Oilers) and DeSean Jackson come to mind as small elite receivers.

I wish the Oilers would have won a Super Bowl to prove to all the doubters/haters that the run-and-shoot could win it all. The Oilers were loaded with the talent to make it work and Warren Moon threw a beautiful ball. They shoulda woulda coulda been playing the Cowboys In the Super Bowl. Luv Ya Blue

Last edited:

hiphopfroggy

Turpin Time has burst with 4.35-.38 speed, a 40” vertical and full speed elusiveness that can be jaw-dropping. I will speculate that if he had shown maturity and/or a professional approach to improve at the technical aspects of receiver that he would be in the NFL with his elite athletic talent. His head may have been more the problem than his size. I guess he will now get his chance, at age 26 in August, if he can communicate he has the drive and discipline, and still has that burst and shiftiness.

Not as small as Turpin, but Ernest Givens (Oilers) and DeSean Jackson come to mind as small elite receivers.

I wish the Oilers would have won a Super Bowl to prove to all the doubters/haters that the run-and-shoot could win it all. The Oilers were loaded with the talent to make it work and Warren Moon threw a beautiful ball. They shoulda woulda coulda been playing the Cowboys In the Super Bowl. Luv Ya Blue
Tyreek Hill

4 Oaks Frog

Well actually that is right, despite the fact that I know you were being sarcastic. No one in the NFL gives 2 [ #2020 ]s who the MVP of the USFL is.

Now that doesn't mean he won't get a chance with a team at some point. But it'll have nothing at all to do with an award he received while playing against competition that every NFL team has deemed to also be not good enough for them.

I'm not looking to bash on Turpin. I'm happy for him that he's got a career in football and that he won this award. That's great for him and I'd love to see him have success in the NFL. This idea, though, that having success in the USFL means anything for his NFL future is just wrong. There are reasons teams passed on him to begin with and none of those reasons have changed. That doesn't mean he'll never get a chance but the odds of him making a team and succeeding are still incredibly low.
I just wonder what makes you such an authority on such things as it pertains to what the NFL does or doesn’t give to [ Finebaum ] about? Do you have a cousin in the front office of an NFL organization, or did you simply deem yourself an authority. Thing is, you don’t know two [ Finebaum ]s about what the NFL gives two [ Finebaum ]s about. You are just a dude on a fan site, just like me. I don’t know if Turpin could make it on an NFL team, and neither do you. Your opinion is no more valuable than anyone else’s, right?
GO FROGS!
BEAT EVERYBODY!