• The KillerFrogs

2023 Recruiting Thread

Long Time Lurker

So we are 65 according to this chart. I think if the Top 64 break off were definitely in…unless you think Army and Navy will try to compete at that level. I don’t see that happening. Edit Navy is behind us. So we get Army’s spot anyway.

Endless Purple

I hate starting new threads so I’m just going to leave this one here. Interesting data.

An interesting set of charts. I am curious to the research behind it. I give the benefit of the doubt that it is reasonably accurate. Then when I get to the bottom, the whole piece is an advertisement for marketing services. Makes me wonder if some of those lower down are target clients.

I want to see indepth studies on TV ratings. Compare channels, time of day, opponents and teams win/loss records over 5-8 years.

asleep003

Like the comment made about what TCU does bring to TV/attendance road venues, if not their own home modest ticket attendance. For instance, when we went up to West Lafayette to play Purdue in 2019, we were the Boilermaker's largest of 7 home crowd that season, 60,037... and the local fish wrap the next morning wrote, that it was the Largest NCG at Ross-Ade Stadium in 12 years.

Last edited:

Eight

Believe it’s possible. I wouldn’t be surprised if they don’t work at all 5 spots and see what looks promising. Right now Goosby is the only true OT we have committed. Would be huge if we could breakthrough with Issiah Robinson.

Another name to keep an eye on is Duncanville OT is Benjamine Whitfield who camped at TCU and got an offer. Not highly thought of right now but I think he’ll be more popular come Oct.

whitfield is an interesting looking prospect. good sized frame, doesn't look like he is carrying a great deal of bad weight, moves fairly well. and i don't worry if a kid that sized is still developing

robinson would be a big coup, lets see if ricker and carrington can work some magic

the ot from soc reminds me a bit of aviante' collins on film

helcap

whitfield is an interesting looking prospect. good sized frame, doesn't look like he is carrying a great deal of bad weight, moves fairly well. and i don't worry if a kid that sized is still developing

robinson would be a big coup, lets see if ricker and carrington can work some magic

the ot from soc reminds me a bit of aviante' collins on film
Lots of false starts?

froginaustin

Just an update on the NIL insanity.

When I read something about these college kids driving these really really expensive, really really fast cars, the first thing that pops into my mind is "I wonder what the insurance premiums are." Maybe it's my age showing.

The hotshot running back at UTx has made a NIL deal with a local exotic car dealer, and is driving around Austin in a Lamborghini. I wonder if the business has negligent entrustment coverage when the kid vaporizes someone (and himself) driving 185 or so.

Froggish

Side note but semi related... What the scoop on Frogs Today? Is anyone here a member there and are they doing anything over there worth subscribing to? Recruiting or behind the scenes? Between here and 247 is there really anything being discussed or revealed there that we can't already get? Just curious as that site has been popping up on my social feeds.

HornyWartyToad

When I read something about these college kids driving these really really expensive, really really fast cars, the first thing that pops into my mind is "I wonder what the insurance premiums are." Maybe it's my age showing.

The hotshot running back at UTx has made a NIL deal with a local exotic car dealer, and is driving around Austin in a Lamborghini. I wonder if the business has negligent entrustment coverage when the kid vaporizes someone (and himself) driving 185 or so.
Bingo- Just like that Alabama dipstick in Vegas. Put that much power into the hands of a bunch of 18-22 year olds, it's not even a question of "if," bad things will happen. I would also fully expect that those cars will get driven by many folks other than the NIL player.

82 Frog Fever

Believe it’s possible. I wouldn’t be surprised if they don’t work at all 5 spots and see what looks promising. Right now Goosby is the only true OT we have committed. Would be huge if we could breakthrough with Issiah Robinson.

Another name to keep an eye on is Duncanville OT is Benjamine Whitfield who camped at TCU and got an offer. Not highly thought of right now but I think he’ll be more popular come Oct.
It will be interesting to watch both Whitfield & Montana Warren, as I believe TCU was the first P5 offer for both.
Interestingly, Wiltfong CB’d both to TCU, along with Jordan Lester 2 days ago.

Eight

there is an old top gear episode in which rory mcelroy is on and during the interview clarkson asks him about the used ferrari rory bought when he won his first professional golf tournament

rory wasnt quite ready for the insurance premium

Nick Danger

Javeon Wilcox- high 3star Safety committed.
Man, that was quick. I had noticed this afternoon that this guy had received a CB to the Frogs and found out that he had just de-committed from Baylor day before yesterday. At the time he was like their third highest-ranked recruit. I've placed a link below to an article the Baylor recruiting guru had written about this guy, analyzing him as a recruit after he had committed to them.

Javeon Wilcox

Last edited:

LisaLT

Just an update on the NIL insanity.

Angry Season 4 GIF by The Office