• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

Purp

286376979_5404013696305044_8285464111861412341_n.jpg

Need some work on maintaining eye contact, coach.
Looks focused on hitting a drop shot winner with his forehand.

Hemingway

Speaking of mostly-former HASMSPers, popping in to note an old HASMSP favorite Peaky Blinders season 6 comes out Friday.

Believe it was Ron that recommended the show here years ago. I’ve got some use it or lose it time and with 3 kids I’m going to take Friday off to enjoy some rare silence in our house, do whatever the hell I want, and binge the season.

Honestly don’t think I’ve taken time off work for anything other than travel or kids in 3-4 years.
The season dealing with the crazy Russians is probably one of the best.

ShadowFrog

Moderators

Ron Swanson

I sweated off 15 pounds looking at those pics (…..and gained 8 of them back in absorbed humidity). I do NOT miss my summers in purgatory in Shreveport one }%^€<€€^# bit and yes I was there for the scorcher of ‘80.
This has got to be one of the hottest summers of all-time in Houston (and I’m guessing most places in the south, I don’t know though).

May is generally a pretty nice month (bordering on hot but still pretty nice ) but it was hot as balls for like the last three weeks of May and June has been an absolute scorcher so far.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
This has got to be one of the hottest summers of all-time in Houston (and I’m guessing most places in the south, I don’t know though).

May is generally a pretty nice month (bordering on hot but still pretty nice ) but it was hot as balls for like the last three weeks of May and June has been an absolute scorcher so far.
104 today in FW. 106 tomorrow. 107 Sunday. In early June. August should be fun.

ticketfrog123

Can anyone point me in the right direction on getting a credit card for my small business? It is primarily for lawn work, land clearing, equipment and material purchases and fuel. Currently I’m using my old discover credit card that I’ve always had.
Given where we are in the lending cycle - the credit union answer already provided is the best long term solution.

Where do you purchase your (ethanol free?) fuel for lawn and business? I did consulting work for a large convenience store chain and know the ins and outs of those rewards programs.

Least headache is a 2% back no fee card like (1) Amex blue business plus or (2) chase ink business unlimited.

Depending on your business size / spending - I think the Amex Business Platinum could work ($700 fee sounds silly but they do 1.5x on construction suppliers and other business categories)
- $400 annual credit for dell products (they sell personal electronics so this is easy to use)
- $120 annual credit for cell phone bill
- $200 annual for airline seat upgrades and baggage
- $100 for Global Entry / Pre-Check
- TBD (Amex lounge access at airports if you value this)
——- most value comes from % back on spending
Also worth noting the Amex is a charge card which has a semi-unlimited credit limit and I personally feel is a bit predatory for small businesses (but it’s a charge card so you do have to pay it off monthly iirc)

nwlafrog

Given where we are in the lending cycle - the credit union answer already provided is the best long term solution.

Where do you purchase your (ethanol free?) fuel for lawn and business? I did consulting work for a large convenience store chain and know the ins and outs of those rewards programs.

Least headache is a 2% back no fee card like (1) Amex blue business plus or (2) chase ink business unlimited.

Depending on your business size / spending - I think the Amex Business Platinum could work ($700 fee sounds silly but they do 1.5x on construction suppliers and other business categories)
- $400 annual credit for dell products (they sell personal electronics so this is easy to use)
- $120 annual credit for cell phone bill
- $200 annual for airline seat upgrades and baggage
- $100 for Global Entry / Pre-Check
- TBD (Amex lounge access at airports if you value this)
——- most value comes from % back on spending
Also worth noting the Amex is a charge card which has a semi-unlimited credit limit and I personally feel is a bit predatory for small businesses (but it’s a charge card so you do have to pay it off monthly iirc)
I chose the Amex blue business plus. I get non ethanol fuel from QT and diesel same place. I do run the red kool-aid diesel from time to time though if it’s available to me.

ftwfrog

It has been the windiest GD spring I can ever remember up here in FTW and surrounding areas. It’s been awful.

Good week last week for the Big 12s future TV rights… Big Ten has started finalizing football Tier 1 deals with Fox, CBS, and NBC. Amazon has made a superior financial bid vs NBC, but I don’t believe they are going to win out. ESPN has walked away and is sticking with their Tier 2 package of mens basketball which is very profitable for the mothership.

Why is this good news for the Big 12? Both Fox and ESPN are going to lose inventory if this framework holds, inventory they need to fill. They will have to choose between the PAC and the Big 12 but there is room for both. I still expect ESPN to lock this up or ESPN+Fox during their bidding window. The initial discussions are showing the Big 12 has more value than was feared (likely more than the ACC for instance).

Apple is engaged with the PAC again, and again is discussing a deal that includes the PAC 12 network… The league is concerned about the further hit it will take to exposure with such a deal, but the $$ may be too much to pass up on. Again, that would be a major win for the Big 12, further enhances the supply/demand curve. PAC 12 would prefer to pair an Apple TV deal with a broadcast partner, possibly a game of the week package, but Apple has resisted (for obvious reasons) and is insisting on getting the PAC 12 Championship game too.

WarnerDiscovery is rumored to be interested in the PAC, but they are a mess right now.

Also whispers in the industry that Amazon has the Sunday Ticket package wrapped up, just working on the language. Will require Prime + a fee to subscribe, but there are plans around adding in Redzone or something similar too, would be very compelling.