• The KillerFrogs

2022 Football Regular Season Predictions

LeagueCityFrog

I’m off on picking TCU football season records the last 3-4 seasons. I used to use Gary’s happy or angry demeanor during Fall camp as a sign of things to come. Angry Gary = 9 plus wins. Happy Gary = 7 or fewer wins. Last three years or so that formula didn’t work.

My gut says wins vs CU, Tarleton, SMU, KU, K-State, Baylor, Iowa State

Conservative win floor, put me at 7-5.

Paul in uhh

With the final out recorded in the baseball season, it's time to turn our attention to the football.

If you've been around here for a while, you know how this works, but it is always amazing how many people can screw this up. This is a REGULAR SEASON prediction, so your numbers should add to TWELVE. 6-6 works, as does 12-0, or 0-12.

As usual, a spreadsheet will be created.
You will be labeled either a homer or a troll by your fellow posters.
Winners get the glory of demonstrating their superior prognostication.

Previous results and winners:

2021 - none
2020 - Froggish, Casey8Ball, nwlafrog, Optinel, Wally The Frog, Purp
2019 - geezer, Volare
2018 - Frognosticator, geezer
2017 - SkoSki, Big Frog II, League City Frog, ShreveFrog, Jefffrog 1993, tcumaniac, Bruce Berry, stbrab, Nick Danger, FROG PARENTS 1961, XIIFrog, The Frog to be Named Later, gp4prez, Deep Purple
2016 - none
9-3

Better locker room and conditioning will pay dividends

Double V

The sports books have started releasing their over-under win totals for every team in the country and, as of now, the number for the Frogs is 6.5 wins with the odds for going over that number ranging from -120 to -160. What that means is that the oddsmakers believe that we're essentially a 7-5 team.

I tend to be overly optimistic in the offseason but I can't help but be stoked about Sonny and the new regime. So, I'll go with 9-3 as my prediction and hope it's not too optimistic.
One correction. The odds makers think that BETTORS will think we're a 6-6 or 7-5 team...

Showtime Joe 2.0

One correction. The odds makers think that BETTORS will think we're a 6-6 or 7-5 team...
I understand your point but the bookmakers do assess the actual talent and schedule of a team before they settle on the original over-under number since they know that's what bettors will do themselves. And then, of course, the odds are adjusted based on how much money is coming in on either side of the number and, in rare cases for pre-season bets on total wins, they may even have to adjust the number itself.

So, I guess I should've been more precise and said that it looks like either some early money has come in on the Frogs winning at least 7 games (not necessarily finishing at 7-5 on the nose) or else (since it's so early) that the books anticipate more money coming in the Frogs going over the total as opposed to under it as the season approaches and more bets are taken.

But, yes, a betting line is just a betting line and not an actual prediction by the oddsmakers. That's why I always laugh when the final score of a game lands right on the betting line number and people marvel that, "Vegas knows." In truth, Vegas doesn't know how a certain game will turn out any more than does a monkey in the zoo. But Vegas does know how people will bet (and are betting) on that game. When a double-digit underdog pulls off an upset win, nobody ever says, "Wow. Vegas doesn't know squat." LOL

westoverhillbilly

Is this just rumor mill, or is there something to it? Would hate to see that for him, but guess it wouldn't be shocking. If he really is headed down that path and doesn't get off, it would seem likely to get real ugly real quick.
Just rumor mill but from a former letterman at UT who says he heard it from someone on the inside. That means I heard it third-hand, so I wouldn't buy stock on it.

Eight

Half (or more) of the UT Boosters would like to see Sark gone. They hated him before last season, and they really hate him after losing at home to Kansas. An Unforgiveable Sin. His AD just brought in a well decorated and proven D-1 Coach as an "Observer" and all those who hate him would love to see him replaced with this Coach. To say he's under a great deal of stress is an understatement...

Could be just rumors from the haters, but there's precedent. I wonder if there's something in his contract that gives UT an out in the event that he falls off the wagon?

not all those that dislike sark want gary

really can't think of a coach who gets hired at ut who won't have the problem with factions as the dallas alums and the houston alums have been battling as to who will have the most say in the athletic department

not different than the younger group that is pushing for its chance and the older group who don't want to give up influence

with the horns most likely heading to the sec in 2023 there is very little time for sark to build a program because no quarter will be given to the horns in that league and that fan base is not going to do well when the rest of the conference isn't ready to kiss the ring so to speak