• The KillerFrogs

The Game 4 Thread of Potential Elimination...

I need a good explanation as to why Mihlbauer was pulled after just 7 pitches, 6 strikes. I thought his stuff looked good and Saarloss had nothing better there after. In came Wright, who had thrown 51 pitches the day before. Mihlbauer is one of your top pitchers in the pen, had only thrown 4 pitches the day before—the best option at that point to help close that game, and he looked sharp, but I must be missing something. Seems that was the decision of the game, and a baffling one.

Last edited:

Pharm Frog

I need a good explanation as to why Mihlbauer was pulled after just 7 pitches, 6 for strikes. I thought his stuff looked good and Saarloss had nothing better there after. Wright had thrown about 50-55 pitches the day before. Mihlbauer was your best option and again, he looked sharp, but I must be missing something. Seems that was the decision of the game, and a baffling one.
That you ask why we didn’t let Augie pitch to righties from a good hitting ball club tells the full story about the Frog pen. If you had told me that Drew Hill would be a non-factor and Perez would be moved to starter and Krob would be primarily a reliever, I’d have thought this was a slightly better than .500 club.

But lest we forget….the staff gave up only 6 earned runs in 3 games before tonight and that was unexpected. There’s just not enough innings on the staff.

mc1502

Well, it was fun guys. Hate that it’s over, but didn’t really expect it to go any further. There are just too many holes. Hope KS has a plan to transform the program and bring in new blood.

I’m going to have to watch the Rangers now, and that makes me sad.

wilson912

Gutty effort tonight. Quite amazing we won regular season title given the poor showing by our pitching staff and lack of consistent hitting. We are solid at C and 3B. All other positions should be up for grabs. Need help on offense and KS to show his pitching chops.

Pharm Frog

Well, it was fun guys. Hate that it’s over, but didn’t really expect it to go any further. There are just too many holes. Hope KS has a plan to transform the program and bring in new blood.

I’m going to have to watch the Rangers now, and that makes me sad.
You are under no obligation unless you are a Rangers' broadcaster or coach

Pharm Frog

Gutty effort tonight. Quite amazing we won regular season title given the poor showing by our pitching staff and lack of consistent hitting. We are solid at C and 3B. All other positions should be up for grabs. Need help on offense and KS to show his pitching chops.
Given his vast improvement from Year 1 to Year 2, I'm content with CF as long as we figure out a way to avoid getting lost in the lights. But other than that....need upgrades everywhere.

wilson912

Given his vast improvement from Year 1 to Year 2, I'm content with CF as long as we figure out a way to avoid getting lost in the lights. But other than that....need upgrades everywhere.
Agree wasn’t sure what year Elijah was. He was pretty good. Boyers didn’t do much and apparently nobody was good enough to hold down LF. Bishop showed signs early but really faded, hoping he’ll figure it out.

Pharm Frog

Agree wasn’t sure what year Elijah was. He was pretty good. Boyers didn’t do much and apparently nobody was good enough to hold down LF. Bishop showed signs early but really faded, hoping he’ll figure it out.
Boyers and Bishop are in the same boat IMO. Neither can consistently barrel up an off-speed pitch. Boyers is especially susceptible to the inside breaking pitch. Some hitters can learn and others never will. It was apparent from KS's mid-game interview that LB knows what to sit on, he just doesn't see it. Bishop was doing okay until he got into conference play when the "book" had been developed. Personally I think he plays a really good 1B but that's a position for hitters and preferably power hitters. We cannot optimize with a Wanhanan-approach to first base. Boyers plays a really good RF but that's also a position for hitters and cannon arms.

All teams are going to have holes in the lineup but we have too many....