• The KillerFrogs

Colonial G.C. redesign plans

Putt4Purple

To all the golfers, I have been watching the PGA at Southern Hills in Tulsa, OK. this week. I keep hearing about the renovations made by Gin Hanse to the Golf Coarse. All that is fine and good but I was looking for the future design layout for the renovation to Colonial Golf Course that will happen after next years tournament. Someone posted a link to see the architecture layout last year. I really delved into it and thought it was great. It showed each hole redesign. I wanted to see it again but misplaced that link somehow on my computer and I am having a fit trying to locate it again. Does anyone have that link? I tried going to Gil Hanse web site but I cannot locate it there. I have nothing better to do. Retirement is great! Go Frogs!

MCFROG III

7VKSYCQAQZDBTHPFGNEYWFSDH4.jpg

Putt4Purple

MCFROG III came the closest to assisting me with what I was seeking. It was very detailed even down to the sloped edge greens angle and the bare Trinity river along # 5. Hopefully I'll find it.
As for the rest of you, may the golf gods curse you with a snowman on your next round of golf! How's that for sportsmanship?

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
MCFROG III came the closest to assisting me with what I was seeking. It was very detailed even down to the sloped edge greens angle and the bare Trinity river along # 5. Hopefully I'll find it.
As for the rest of you, may the golf gods curse you with a snowman on your next round of golf! How's that for sportsmanship?
I do that all the time even without a curse!

It might help to look at the "date created" metric on your documents, if saved in that way. The file name might not ring any bells amongst a zillion other ones, but the date range tends to narrow the search.

Putt4Purple

I do that all the time even without a curse!

It might help to look at the "date created" metric on your documents, if saved in that way. The file name might not ring any bells amongst a zillion other ones, but the date range tends to narrow the search.
I've tried that. It was around the Masters 2021 discussions. April of 2021. I'm exhausted looking for it. I'm sure it will surface again somewhere, sometime soon.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?

Putt4Purple

Having read the descriptions of what is to be done, the first thing that leaps out at me is trees. If memory serves, the fellow who designed the course was most fond of trees, and did what he could to make them a part of the course.

It seems to me that removing trees goes strongly against the vision and philosophy of the original design.
I see it very differently. Is he removing trees? Yes, but at strategic locations necessary for the betterment of play and also aesthetically looking. A few trees being removed are dying. A large cluster is along the Trinity at #5 and also along the creek for the new #8 and current #9. They have no value from a golfers perspective and are junk. They should be gone and will be. Also read the fact that they are adding and planting trees too. #15 hillside is the first one I can recall. There are a couple more locations as well. The removal of the walls on #9,#18,#13,#16 are significant and will be interesting from the players perspective. The water will become even more accessible with the gradual slopes from the green to the water. I hope I live long enough to see it!

Last edited: