• The KillerFrogs

2023-2024 European Football Thread

Chongo94

I honestly lose respect for Haaland for doing this. Go make another club better and beat Man City. I always question the confidence (just a little bit) of a star that chooses to join a team that is already the best.
Completely agree. He did say he could see himself at Leeds one day (his dad played there, and for City as well) but I obviously get him not making that move now.

Purp

Truly. This whole super mega rich clubs just getting richer and hoarding talent is getting old.
It's why I enjoy watching United and Barca struggle so much (though Barca seem to have righted the ship). I can't stand that there are a half dozen NY Yankees in Europe with no salary cap to keep everyone else competitive. Darn em all.

Purp

Let’s hope they have the same “success” on the pitch as of late as PSG has too.
PSG still won their league in a route. The only positive news about Haaland to City for me is that it means Harry Kane isn't going there. He seems happy at Spurs again and I really think we're a couple of signings away from being a contender for silverware.

Purp

This is a sad story. Never heard of the kid before reading this piece, but it sounds like he had a ton of talent and potential. Just makes you wonder how many other young American kids are out there about ready to break through. The amount of talent turning up seemingly every day continues to amaze me.

Purp

I knew Arsenal would choke at the end….the lingering stench of Wenger ineptitude and nerves still hasn’t fully left the building yet.
You'll still be up a point after today. The choke won't be complete until you give up a point to the Magpies or Toffees. And then Spurs have to manage to win out against Norwich and Burnley. That's no given as Jekyll and Hyde as we've been lately.

dawg

I knew Arsenal would choke at the end….the lingering stench of Wenger ineptitude and nerves still hasn’t fully left the building yet.
If someone offered me 5th with improvement at the beginning of the season, I would gladly have taken it. Honestly, if Arsenal had finished fourth this year it would’ve been ahead of schedule. We are still another good transfer window or two away. Still… To get this close and fail at the end… Football bloody hell for all the wrong reasons.

Spurs have two world-class strikers performing at World class level. We don’t have that. Son is just playing out of his mind right now.

You'll still be up a point after today. The choke won't be complete until you give up a point to the Magpies or Toffees. And then Spurs have to manage to win out against Norwich and Burnley. That's no given as Jekyll and Hyde as we've been lately.
We finish with an in-form Newcastle who played Liverpool tight in a 1-nil loss, and Everton who are struggling for survival. I expect points dropped. Maybe Burnley “does a Burnley” on you guys, but I doubt it. You’ve had slips this season but I doubt Conte let you slip at the end.

Purp

If someone offered me 5th with improvement at the beginning of the season, I would gladly have taken it. Honestly, if Arsenal had finished fourth this year it would’ve been ahead of schedule. We are still another good transfer window or two away. Still… To get this close and fail at the end… Football bloody hell for all the wrong reasons.

Spurs have two world-class strikers performing at World class level. We don’t have that. Son is just playing out of his mind right now.

We finish with an in-form Newcastle who played Liverpool tight in a 1-nil loss, and Everton who are struggling for survival. I expect points dropped. Maybe Burnley “does a Burnley” on you guys, but I doubt it. You’ve had slips this season but I doubt Conte let you slip at the end.
Burnley scares me because they're desperately scrapping for survival. Likewise, you've got a Toffees side in the same boat. There could still be a lot of drama in the final week and a half.

I don't have much confidence. I'm very impressed with the way Conte righted the ship so quickly, but you can't draw Brentford, lose to Brighton, and get throttled by Villa in consecutive fixtures if you want to claim you deserve a top 4 spot. I won't be surprised if Sprus go full Spurs and manage to keep pace with ARSEnal loss for loss and draw for draw to finish 5th.

Chongo94

While Marsch and Leeds are probably gonna go down, another American coach stayed up with Pellegrini Matarazzo and Stuttgart today. His celebration was great…very cool story too.

Purp

While Marsch and Leeds are probably gonna go down, another American coach stayed up with Pellegrini Matarazzo and Stuttgart today. His celebration was great…very cool story too.
I was watching RBL, but they kept showing view-ins of that match and a couple others. Both Stuttgart and RBL were high drama down to the wire. And the FA Cup was a yawner.

Purp

Some drama today too. Spurs nearly micturated on their blowout of the gunners against Burnely this morning and West Ham gave Liverpool hope for a quadruple. Should have won that one.

Purp

Y’all need to check out Theo Hernandez’s goal today in the Atalanta - Milan game today. Wow….video game stuff. Seems to keep getting deleted on Twitter though.
Great goal, but seems more like really awful defense. He was given 70 yards of space without any real challenge.

dawg

Some drama today too. Spurs nearly micturated on their blowout of the gunners against Burnely this morning and West Ham gave Liverpool hope for a quadruple. Should have won that one.
When the ball left Antonio's foot, I thought West Ham had City beat; ah well. Haaland for £51m seems a bit of a bargin, given Grealish cost twice that (England player tax aside).

That was a trap game well navigated by your boys. Norwich quit weeks ago; y'all should roll them. As for us.... I'd be surprised if Arsenal didn't pull an Arsenal and drop points either today or to Everton. Both CBs out or playing hurt doesn't bode well. Maybe I'm wrong and a young club galvanizes around adversity and scraps out two wins. Then again...I've watched Arsenal squads since The Invincibles confront galvanizing moments with the same result, so I'm prepared for the letdown.

Chongo94

I wasn’t wrong. An absolutely pathetic and gutless non-performance. Sadly not surprising.
Exactly. Same here. I always find it funny when non-Arsenal people try to tell me there’s still a chance, other teams may drop points, etc…..we know this team and it’s continued PTSD issues.

Never doubted for a minute we wouldn’t show up today.