• The KillerFrogs

FWST: New book tells the redemption story of Bram Kohlhausen and TCU football’s 2015 season

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
New book tells the redemption story of Bram Kohlhausen and TCU football’s 2015 season

BY DREW DAVISON

Alamo%20Bowl%20TCU%20Oregon%2035

Jim Reeves liked the idea of writing a redemption story.

He couldn’t find a better subject than revisiting TCU football’s 2015 season that ended in the most unlikely fashion — with backup quarterback Bram Kohlhausen orchestrating a 31-point comeback victory over Oregon in the Alamo Bowl.

The game itself became an instant classic. Kohlhausen went from being a little-known backup to a celebrity, just a couple days after then-TCU star quarterback Trevone Boykin saw his terrific college career end in abrupt fashion by getting into a bar fight and a couple months after Kohlhausen’s father Bill died after a bout with cancer. And TCU continued its run of national prominence under Gary Patterson.

Read more at: https://www.star-telegram.com/sport...niversity/article261277152.html#storylink=cpy

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
For those of us who don't feel like dealing with the stinking Startlegram and their paywall, is there a book signing at TCU or something? Or are they just telling us that there's a book?

And yes, I already got it from Amazon in e-book form. Sometimes it's nice to have a hard copy, too.

HornyWartyToad

For those of us who don't feel like dealing with the stinking Startlegram and their paywall, is there a book signing at TCU or something? Or are they just telling us that there's a book?

And yes, I already got it from Amazon in e-book form. Sometimes it's nice to have a hard copy, too.
Since you've already got the book can you skip ahead and let me know how it turns out?

Eight

do we know exactly what bram is doing now?

in all honesty the book has no appeal to me and for redemption to be received i guess it is winning the game after being a drunk hanging out in strip clubs with boykin for two years but i would like to think it has extended a bit past that half of football

SwissArmyFrog

CGP = maybe add some lard to Nicholas Cage

Bram = Justin Bieber...I can think of a few candidates from years ago, but they're all too old now! I don't know the new crop of young toughs. Maybe a Jonas brother? :)

vicarfrog

do we know exactly what bram is doing now?

in all honesty the book has no appeal to me and for redemption to be received i guess it is winning the game after being a drunk hanging out in strip clubs with boykin for two years but i would like to think it has extended a bit past that half of football

I was stoked at first, because in my head I was thinking Junction Boys' Jim Dent, but was definitely disappointed when I saw it was Jim Reeves.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Finished it last night. Nice read. Having been on this site all during the drama, I knew most of it already, but there were some tidbits of which I was unaware.

The last bit of the book is a "Where are they now?" and has Bram working for a Venture Capital outfit in Austin.