• The KillerFrogs

Pro Football Rumors: Seahawks Declining L.J. Collier’s Fifth-Year Option

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog

Seahawks Declining L.J. Collier’s Fifth-Year Option

by Ely Allen

The Seahawks have made the decision to decline the fifth-year option of the rookie contract for defensive end L.J. Collier, according to Charean Williams of NBC Sports. The writing was on the wall for the former first-round draft pick out of TCU, as Collier’s stock has been trending slowly down since his inception in the league.

After spending most of his rookie season on the sideline with an injury, Collier started every game in his sophomore season. The full year in a starting position only yielded 3.0 sacks, 4.0 tackles for loss, and 7 quarterback hits.

Read more at https://www.profootballrumors.com/2022/05/seahawks-declining-l-j-colliers-fifth-year-option

An-Cap Frog

We are seeing this all around the NFL. Only pick up the 5th option for great players...

You cannot pay Pat Mahomes $35 million and $30 million to Tyreek Hill...

TRF51

In all fairness to LJ, he was never a first round talent but I can't remember the last time a first rounder came out of TCU who was not a bust. Probably have to go back to LT.

froginmn

by Ely Allen
The Seahawks have made the decision to decline the fifth-year option of the rookie contract for defensive end L.J. Collier, according to Charean Williams of NBC Sports. The writing was on the wall for the former first-round draft pick out of TCU, as Collier’s stock has been trending slowly down since his inception in the league.
Since his inception in the league?

Somebody's trying to use big words he doesn't understand....

Wexahu

I just hope he's managed his money well, he's earned enough to be set for life if he was smart about it and didn't have too many mouths to feed.

HG73

needs to get drunk at a strip club, beat up random people, wreck his sports car at 100 mph, then knock over a liquor store with a water pistol’!

Cowboys will pay him $50m per year during his parol.
Throw in a drug bust and Jerry will have an offer he can't refuse.

yurintroubl

Yep. Just got drafted in literally the worst possible spot, was baffling at the time. Would be like the Chiefs drafting Trevor Lawrence or something
I'd like to put on my tinfoil hat and posit that Indy, still salty from taking the L in the Superbowl, drafted Hughes 31st because they knew the Saints wanted him at 32.

Eight

heard somewhere that the seahawks are going to switch from a 4-man front to a 3-man front

doesn't change lj's lack of performance in seattle, but that decision basically made him a spare part that really didn't fit the new scheme