• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

froginmn

What sorcery is this?
This is the tube I bought. Put some pellets in it, light them with a heat gun (or a propane torch) and it's a great source for extra smoke or to create smoke without much heat.

PXL_20220425_231434841_copy_912x686.jpg

I cold smoke cheese and just finished my first attempt (successful) at smoked ice. Gonna make a lot more smoked ice for tailgates with bourbon in the fall. Probably good for bloody Mary's too.

ShadowFrog

Moderators
This is the tube I bought. Put some pellets in it, light them with a heat gun (or a propane torch) and it's a great source for extra smoke or to create smoke without much heat.

View attachment 11357

I cold smoke cheese and just finished my first attempt (successful) at smoked ice. Gonna make a lot more smoked ice for tailgates with bourbon in the fall. Probably good for bloody Mary's too.
I hereby defer any further condemnation until I am invited to your backyard to taste the proof myself.

ATC Frog

I just poured a bourbon into a glass with some freshly smoked ice. Two days ago I put a bunch of ice cubes in a pan and put them on my smoker until they melted. I stirred the water around a bit while it melted. Then I poured that water into an ice tray to make smoked ice cubes.

Oh my.
So what bourbon was the brown water of choice?

Horny 4 Life

I just poured a bourbon into a glass with some freshly smoked ice. Two days ago I put a bunch of ice cubes in a pan and put them on my smoker until they melted. I stirred the water around a bit while it melted. Then I poured that water into an ice tray to make smoked ice cubes.

Oh my.

3 years ago I did a little creative collaboration with my friends who own a local distillery. A couple weeks ago they bottled a 3 year old mesquite smoked rye whiskey. The barley was malted over mesquite wood. It smells of BBQ smoke and tastes like brown sugar and tobacco. It's glorious to drink when you're getting the smoker ready.

froginmn

So what bourbon was the brown water of choice?
Woodford Reserve for that glass. That and Basil Hayden's are my go tos.

Trying to find a couple slightly more high end (but not crazy expensive) options for special occasions but I haven't found any that seem a lot better than those.

froginmn

3 years ago I did a little creative collaboration with my friends who own a local distillery. A couple weeks ago they bottled a 3 year old mesquite smoked rye whiskey. The barley was malted over mesquite wood. It smells of BBQ smoke and tastes like brown sugar and tobacco. It's glorious to drink when you're getting the smoker ready.
Mesquite seems aggressive but I'd like to reserve judgement until I try it.

Mesquite seems aggressive but I'd like to reserve judgement until I try it.
Theres a distillery in tucson (Del bac) that makes american smoked whiskey (Dorado) using mesquite. They only leave it in the barrel for 6 months because of how intense the smoke is apparently. I like the lighter scotches (oban, macallan, etc...) but this is very nice. Occaisionally you can find it in specs and the like.

They do a nice tour if your in tucson with free time

HFrog1999

Frog fountain, midnight. B there.

Not PC anymore but as my friend and great american rainman used to say,
Im gonna guess you dont like football and beating up queers either.

Oh My God Reaction GIF by reactionseditor

froginmn

Twins just won in probably the most unlikely finish I've ever seen. Will need to find and post the actual ending.

Edit: didn't take long for them to post this

TooColdU

View attachment 11357

Thought that was your arm at first. Was going to congratulate you on the sick tats. A little repetitive, but who am I to judge?

ATC Frog

Woodford Reserve for that glass. That and Basil Hayden's are my go tos.

Trying to find a couple slightly more high end (but not crazy expensive) options for special occasions but I haven't found any that seem a lot better than those.
You might like Woodford reserve double oaked or knob creek 9 year. Basil Hayden toast could be another one you might like too. Woodford used to be my go-to and then I began branching out and I am now a bit of a bourbon enthusiast although nothing compared to some folks I know.