• The KillerFrogs

Calling all Chicken Littles

Spike

Dear Chicken Littles,

You might notice that the TCU baseball team is in first place in the Big XII, having played three consecutive top 5 teams going 6-3 in the last three weekends.

This is quite an accomplishment.

So, in the future, if we lose a game you believe we shouldn’t have lost, or if we are not performing perfectly to your unreasonable standards, please refrain from acting like a whiny baby and suggesting that we suck, or are not a top 25 team just because you can’t handle the ups and downs of a normal baseball season.
In other words, shut the scheiss up and support the team.

Sincerely,
Frognosticator
This is why @steelfrog hates you!

Brog

But just think! If it weren't for the Chicken Littles we wouldn't have nearly as much to argue about here. Can you imagine a FrogForum where everyone agrees with everyone else? It would be out of business in an instant. (But yes, the Chicken Littles are ridiculous.)

Peacefrog

Degenerate
But just think! If it weren't for the Chicken Littles we wouldn't have nearly as much to argue about here. Can you imagine a FrogForum where everyone agrees with everyone else? It would be out of business in an instant. (But yes, the Chicken Littles are ridiculous.)
This is ridiculous. It would take significantly longer than an “instant” for the board to fail and close up shop. Unbelievable anyone would think like this.

Brog

This is ridiculous. It would take significantly longer than an “instant” for the board to fail and close up shop. Unbelievable anyone would think like this.
Hey, great! Something else for us to argue about. What does "significantly" longer than an instant amount to? Two instants? You say it would take significantly longer than an instant for the board to fail, so how much longer? And the fact that you think it could fail is unbelievable.

Spike

Hey, great! Something else for us to argue about. What does "significantly" longer than an instant amount to? Two instants? You say it would take significantly longer than an instant for the board to fail, so how much longer? And the fact that you think it could fail is unbelievable.
These are the questions that keep me awake at night.

Paint It Purple

Number 1 for sure. Baseball has such a high failure rate and it’s easy to fall into small sample size bias. People who never played or coached sports at a high level just don’t get that the other team has d1 athletes also trying to win.
I once went to RANGERS v A's game with my old HS baseball coach. He bet me if the batter got a hit or walked, he owed me a dime. If the batter was out, I owed him a nickel. I was a dumb-ass kid and jumped all over that bet. Guess who won the bet?

PS: Reggie Jackson was in left field.

Paint It Purple

The average "moment"is 90 seconds. Not sure about instants.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Two instants isn’t even a real thing. I’m arguing with someone that makes up new ways to measure time.