• The KillerFrogs

Calling all Chicken Littles

Dear Chicken Littles,

You might notice that the TCU baseball team is in first place in the Big XII, having played three consecutive top 5 teams going 6-3 in the last three weekends.

This is quite an accomplishment.

So, in the future, if we lose a game you believe we shouldn’t have lost, or if we are not performing perfectly to your unreasonable standards, please refrain from acting like a whiny baby and suggesting that we suck, or are not a top 25 team just because you can’t handle the ups and downs of a normal baseball season.
In other words, shut the scheiss up and support the team.

Sincerely,
Frognosticator

froglash88

I love our team. They fight hard. Pitching still scares me. I do think we are starting to figure it out. Thank God for Krob yesterday! Awesome 2 innings!

Chieves

Honestly, the bitching and moaning threads are usually, like clockwork, the exact point that the team figures things out and turns it around.

What I'm saying is, somebody needs to make an earnest sky is falling style post the day before the Colorado game and the football team will go undefeated this year.

Pharm Frog

There’s still plenty of time to go cold and get hot again with four weekend series, several midweek games, and the conference tourney still on the schedule. Frogs have played 40 games and there may be as many as 20 games remaining (depending on weather and “weather cancellations” and tournament run).

Paint It Purple

Dear Chicken Littles,

You might notice that the TCU baseball team is in first place in the Big XII, having played three consecutive top 5 teams going 6-3 in the last three weekends.

So, in the future, if we lose a game you believe we shouldn’t have lost, or if we are not performing perfectly to your unreasonable standards, please refrain from acting like a whiny baby and suggesting that we suck, or are not a top 25 team just because you can’t handle the ups and downs of a normal baseball season.

Sincerely,
Frognosticator
1650890409972.jpeg

HornyWartyToad

Dear Chicken Littles,

Sincerely,
Frognosticator
So you're saying we're screwed

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
7807374_0.jpg

SuperTFrog

Dear Chicken Littles,

Sincerely,
Frognosticator
I stopped beating this drum for the most part because nobody is going to change. I am convinced the constant negativity is related to one of two things:

1) They never played sports at a high level so have no appreciation for how hard it is and how good our players are. The guy who yells “How could you swing at that” or “how could you miss that? It was right down the middle” has probably never faced a guy throwing harder than 65 mph in little league where he was the 11 hole hitter (because everybody bats).

2) They are trying to protect themselves from emotional vulnerability because it hurts when you get your hopes up and then they get crushed. It is so much safer to expect the worst and be pleasantly surprised because there is no emotional risk to that.

Go Frogs. As usual, we have a hell of a baseball team.

First Tee Frog

I stopped beating this drum for the most part because nobody is going to change. I am convinced the constant negativity is related to one of two things:

1) They never played sports at a high level so have no appreciation for how hard it is and how good our players are. The guy who yells “How could you swing at that” or “how could you miss that? It was right down the middle” has probably never faced a guy throwing harder than 65 mph in little league where he was the 11 hole hitter (because everybody bats).

2) They are trying to protect themselves from emotional vulnerability because it hurts when you get your hopes up and then they get crushed. It is so much safer to expect the worst and be pleasantly surprised because there is no emotional risk to that.

Go Frogs. As usual, we have a hell of a baseball team.
Number 1 for sure. Baseball has such a high failure rate and it’s easy to fall into small sample size bias. People who never played or coached sports at a high level just don’t get that the other team has d1 athletes also trying to win.

PurplFrawg

Administrator
There’s still plenty of time to go cold and get hot again with four weekend series, several midweek games, and the conference tourney still on the schedule. Frogs have played 40 games and there may be as many as 20 games remaining (depending on weather and “weather cancellations” and tournament run).
So you are saying we have a chance? :)

ticketfrog123

Honestly, the bitching and moaning threads are usually, like clockwork, the exact point that the team figures things out and turns it around.

What I'm saying is, somebody needs to make an earnest sky is falling style post the day before the Colorado game and the football team will go undefeated this year.

Sounds like a job for @CountryFrog