• The KillerFrogs

GoFrogs: No. 21 TCU Baseball hosts No. 4 Texas Tech Preview

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Last night's game was good for the kids. They've been fumbling around pretty badly for the last week or so, and they got a chance to wake up, flash some leather, get some hits, and gain some of their confidence back.

Tequila tonight is optional. That is all.

PurplFrawg

Administrator
Last night's game was good for the kids. They've been fumbling around pretty badly for the last week or so, and they got a chance to wake up, flash some leather, get some hits, and gain some of their confidence back.

Tequila tonight is optional. That is all.
unless you are on the West Coast?

hometown frog

Scoring question from last night. Does anybody else question why that run that scored on the chopper that Bishop bobbled isn’t considered an earned run? I certainly agree Bishops bobble allowed the hitter to get on and should be an error. But I didn’t think getting the runner out at home was a routine play by any stretch of the imagination.

Those scorers discretion calls are always interesting debates in my baseball brain.

Brog

In case anyone needs encouragement, here's a quote from a Raider fan on their fan forum:
'"I would kill for TCU's pitching staff. They're so much better than ours it isn't even close." He said this in the middle of the 7th inning last night.

PurpleBlood87

Scoring question from last night. Does anybody else question why that run that scored on the chopper that Bishop bobbled isn’t considered an earned run? I certainly agree Bishops bobble allowed the hitter to get on and should be an error. But I didn’t think getting the runner out at home was a routine play by any stretch of the imagination.

Those scorers discretion calls are always interesting debates in my baseball brain.

It was an earned run.
The second run of the inning was unearned and the both runs of the 2-run home run were unearned.

Screenshot_20220415-154243_Chrome.jpg

Last edited: