• The KillerFrogs

Football Season Tix renewal

4 Oaks Frog

personally, I am more excited for this upcoming season with new HC and refreshing transparency and fan friendly attitude.

GP’s [ deposit from a bull that looks like Art Briles ], excuses and lack of awareness rubbed me.
Wait until you hear the new excuses, and see how chafed you become…
GO FROGS!
BEAT EVERYBODY!
Spit Blood ~~<~<and fornicate baylor!!

ticketfrog123

Curious.
Define “big year”.
Personally I’d be ok with 7 W’s this year.
Anything more is undeserved gravy I’d be equally happy to lap up (with biscuits).
I think it’s 8 for most people and 9 for those who believe in the D we have.

Texas / Baylor looking top 2 for conference. We should be able to beat 1 of OU / OKST.

Prime BEEF

I think it’s 8 for most people and 9 for those who believe in the D we have.

Texas / Baylor looking top 2 for conference. We should be able to beat 1 of OU / OKST.
I’m guessing 8 wins but would be happy with 7. 6 or less and it’s not a good start to for the SD era.

tcumaniac

Sections 103-106 have as many opposing team fans as TCU most of the time, meaning the seats are probably sold. In addition those seats always bring in much better prices than anything in 234.
1. Those are not club seats
2. Opposing fans in those seats is not the problem. Your claim that as many opposing fans sit in that section as tcu fans isn’t true. The problem in that section (aside from the wasteful spacing of the rows) are seats that go unused due to the people that have seats down there AND in the club or a suite.
3. Of course those seats sell for better prices than 234. Season tickets in 234 now cost $325 for a season. Meanwhile, tickets in 105 cost $1,200 per ticket.
4. There are sections in the stadium that had a lot of ticket resellers in them. The west side lower bowl isn’t one of them.

ticketfrog123

Stunning
Literally
I can’t speak to recent events but I saw a few intramural
2. Opposing fans in those seats is not the problem. Your claim that as many opposing fans sit in that section as tcu fans isn’t true. The problem in that section (aside from the wasteful spacing of the rows) are seats that go unused due to the people that have seats down there AND in the club or a suite.
3. Of course those seats sell for better prices than 234. Season tickets in 234 now cost $325 for a season. Meanwhile, tickets in 105 cost $1,200 per ticket.
4. There are sections in the stadium that had a lot of ticket resellers in them. The west side lower bowl isn’t one of them.

You’re both partially correct. The 100’s were not traditionally filled by opposing fans but in the past 3 years there’s been noticeably more non purple

NewFrogFan

I never said those were club seats, try to keep up if you think you need to lecture me. My ticket buying days even with player parent tics started when you were a little boy.

I‘ve watched sections 103-106 since they started, the ticket price was the same as 234, the donation was different, that means the face value of the ticket was the same.

I had seats in 103 during the temp reseat, I know what I saw, and I saw the other teams fans sitting there all the time. In fact, for OU, the guy that dresses up in the white suit and calls himself MR OU sat right across the aisle in 104, said his seats were owned by someone above in the Club Level.

Lastly, I never said ticket resell companies own the seats in 103-106, a large majority are owned by those sitting in the club level above.

FrogBall09

In sections 103-106, less than 15% were taken, he told me himself.
shocked it would be that high given that less than 6% of seats in the total stadium were "taken" and most of the seats in the 100's are in accounts that give a lot more money to TCU than just the seat revenue.

Our firm has seats down there - and since we have really good clients that oddly graduated from other universities besides TCU and we play their schools - we sometimes have fans with the wrong color sitting in those seats.

But we also often have TCU fans or myself or my coworkers that graduated from TCU or my boss that is in the HoF for TCU or his kids or....

So which are we complaining about - that the seats in the 100's are empty too often - which would require TCU take back seats from people who don't use the tickets they currently are paying for enough regardless of who is using them, or

that they are being used by opposing fans - since the 3k resell tickets is only a small portion of how that happens

I mean my normal seats in in the 200's west side beside the end zone - and typically only 1/3- 1/2 of the seats are occupied and almost no one from other teams is around because almost no one is around in general if you need to move.

Last edited:

tcumaniac

I never said those were club seats, try to keep up if you think you need to lecture me. My ticket buying days even with player parent tics started when you were a little boy.

I‘ve watched sections 103-106 since they started, the ticket price was the same as 234, the donation was different, that means the face value of the ticket was the same.

I had seats in 103 during the temp reseat, I know what I saw, and I saw the other teams fans sitting there all the time. In fact, for OU, the guy that dresses up in the white suit and calls himself MR OU sat right across the aisle in 104, said his seats were owned by someone above in the Club Level.

Lastly, I never said ticket resell companies own the seats in 103-106, a large majority are owned by those sitting in the club level above.
You said the real culprits of ticket reselling were in the west side club... then when essentially asked to elaborate on what you meant, you respond by saying "Sections 103-106 have as many opposing fans as TCU most of the time, meaning the seats are probably sold." Based on everything you said, it certainly appeared as if you were claiming 103-106 were part of the west side club. Maybe you meant to indicate that people in the west side club were the ones selling tickets in the west side lower bowl... I don't think this accurate either (I'll explain later in this post).

What a goofy argument to pretend that the required donation for a seat location shouldn't be included when determining the true face value of a ticket.

What is the "temp reseat" you are talking about? 2012... literally a decade ago? Or 2020 during the Covid year? Either way, both are pretty irrelevant when trying to explain the current situation.

I agree that yes, many of the seats in 103-106 are owned by people that also have club seats or access to a suite. That's why so many of the seats are often empty. I've seen first hand people wearing club access lanyards come down from the club mid game to sit in their lower bowl seats. These people enjoy having the ability to socialize in the club, but also have seats close to the field.

As I said in my last post, that is the biggest issue with the lower bowl seats: people that don't use them because they are in the club or their suite instead.

The next biggest issue with the lower bowl seats is that because they are owned by people or companies with club or suite access, the lower bowl seats are often given to friends or clients... this is the biggest reason you see opposing team colors in 103-106... they were given the seats because they are a friend or client of the person that owns the seats.

Pay attention to stubhub... there really aren't many seats in 103-106 that regularly get sold. That doesn't mean there isn't an issue with attendance in that section... I just don't think the problem has to do with resellers like you claim, which is why I don't think this latest effort will make much of a difference for the west side lower bowl.

Took me literally 5 minutes Thursday night at 1130pm.
You must not have tried to change anything. Had to call the ticket office. Wait. Talk to a kid. Told me to email them. Emailed them. Hear back way later. Go in and try to pay. Have to call again and give my credit card over the phone.
Just wish we could be better. It doesn't need to take all this phone calls and emails.

Double D

Tier 1
Same seats and parking since 2012. Also I have my account# and password. I can't imagine trying to renew without that.

You must not have tried to change anything. Had to call the ticket office. Wait. Talk to a kid. Told me to email them. Emailed them. Hear back way later. Go in and try to pay. Have to call again and give my credit card over the phone.
Just wish we could be better. It doesn't need to take all this phone calls and emails.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
I renewed all 180 tickets I have in a matter of minutes. Most are available on stub hub if you’re looking for any.