• The KillerFrogs

2022 MLB Thread*

geefrogs

I think Ortiz got popped just once in the Mitchell Report, which nobody told him he had a positive result. He found out when the "confidential" list was leaked. I'm pretty sure he had clean tests up until that report.

The other fellas were more in-depth and prolonged. All that drama with the8r trainers and subpoenas and standing before Congress. Seems like Ortiz wasn't in as deep as the other fellas.

That being said, I'd say it's time to let them all in. Just put it on their plaque of being involved in a PED scandal.

Same with Pete Rose. Put him in. Just add that note to his plaque of gambling.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Ortiz wasn't a Big Fish at the time of the Steroid Scandal. He became one later on, and thus escaped much of the stink.

As to Bonds, he should never be in contention. Between the illegal arm-brace, and the dedicated time and effort spent on HGH and designer steroid use, and the outfit whose very existence was centered on beating the tests, he is the poster child for How To Cheat and Get Away With It.

The evidence against Clemens is pretty sketchy, aside from his hat size...

Schilling is a proud conservative, which means banishment.

The "writers" are involved, and they are as worthless a bunch as could be imagined. The ink-stained wretches of yore wouldn't piss on their shoes...

geefrogs

Seems fair. Those mid-season call ups where your top prospects help propel you into the postseason and maybe a ring. That should count for ST.

Doesn't happen often but, often enough. More for pitchers than hitters. Luis Garcia for the Astros this year comes to mind. Though he was on the big club from early on IIRC so maybe it doesn't apply to him.

tetonfrog

Put all the cheaters in & give them their own section of the hall. If Bonds should be there & these other juicers should be in, then so should the Astros’ Altuve, Verlander & maybe Correa, too.

I bet that part of the hall would get a lot of foot traffic: Rose, Bonds, Clemens, McGwire, Sosa, Pettite, Altuve, Gaylord perry, Shoeless Joe, the cheating Astros & Red Sox. They could also put up a photo of Joe Niekro throwing the file out of his back pocket when he got busted in Minny & even talk about how Bobby Thomsen’s shot heard heard around the world was helped by a stolen sign,

It would spur attendance to the Hall for sure.

Last edited:

Moose Stuff

Put all the cheaters in & give them their own section of the hall. If Bonds should be there & these other juicers should be in, then so should the Astros’ Altuve, Verlander & maybe Correa, too.

I bet that part of the hall would get a lot of foot traffic: Rose, Bonds, Clemens, McGwire, Sosa, Pettite, Altuve, Gaylord perry, Shoeless Joe, the cheating Astros & Red Sox. They could also put up a photo of Joe Niekro throwing the file out of his back pocket when he got busted in Minny & even talk about how Bobby Thomsen’s shot heard heard around the world was helped by a stolen sign,

It would spur attendance to the Hall for sure.
You should probably go ahead and include every player that played in the same era as Bonds and Clemens that was doing the same thing but never got caught.