• The KillerFrogs

Fan Nation: Ex TCU Coach Gary Patterson Has Been Hired By Texas

FrogBall09

Heard lots of versions, but not one where they got "caught" talking to Sonny. By all reliable accounts, the locker room declaration of being untouchable and the beat down that week were the final tipping points.
Well the first article about talking to Sonny using an source at SMU came out before the meeting with AD and VBO - and GP was the one who requested the meeting - doubt he did that by coincidence

Brog

not what I have been told - more like they got caught talking to Dykes in the background and when GP found out, he requested a meeting with AD. AD moved the initial meeting GP requested up one day so VBo could attend - and in the first two mins they told him he was done at the end of the year, that he would still be the HC in name only so we could give him time to "retire" but he would not being running the program on a day to day or gameday for the rest of the season because he had lost the team - and that was when it went bad.....
You need to start writing fiction. John Grisham would have a competitor.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Destiny of the "UT Coaching Assistant" statue?
Yank it out with a backhoe. Stick it in an equipment closet until such time as it is decent to re-install it.

(Suggestion to Athletic Department: Auction off the "Yank Out The GP Statue" privilege of manning the backhoe. Starting bid: $5000. Proceeds go to the Moudy NIL Fund.)*

*I accept gifts of Bourbon and well-marbled steak.

hiphopfroggy

Can a statue be grounded like grounding a kid? Build a closet around it for a little while..
You could ground the statue but either way it is just going to stand there so not much of a punishment, I'd try taking away it's iPad. If that doesn't work it's probably best for Statue to be melted and reshaped in the form of Sammy Baugh or LaDainian Tomlinson.

Virginia Frog

I think in the back of his mind he really wants to get back at TCU. He was embarrassed by our AD and Chancellor and he will not forget it.
Yes...it's a "get-back" for sure.

But...ancillary to the TCU AD/VicBo/TCU fb program...GP's effective shot is at Frog Nation. His stock continues to go DOWN, IMO, and I for one will not forget this play. (Was GP ever a "nice guy" really?, maybe not. It's a disappointment at the very minimum.)

What does it say about the Texas fb program for them to hire (at very good $) the B12's 2nd worst D coach -2021 (in total D and run D, that is, 3rd worst in pass D too, feeble!) who LOST his gig midseason largely due to gross negative outcomes on that side of the ball?

GP should have been smart, laid low and partied for a season, and I'm sure an opportunity would have come for a HC job where he could "prove them/us" wrong on his way to 200Ws (while offending none of us in Frog Nation.) No, big ego took over and he is now in the enemy camp.

Circle the date in Austin, Coach Sony! (The sooner we forget CGP, the better sports fans.)

FrogBall09

But...ancillary to the TCU AD/VicBo/TCU fb program...GP's effective shot is at Frog Nation. His stock continues to go DOWN, IMO, and I for one will not forget this play. (Was GP ever a "nice guy" really?, maybe not. It's a disappointment at the very minimum.)

What does it say about the Texas fb program for them to hire (at very good $) the B12's 2nd worst D coach -2021 (in total D and run D, that is, 3rd worst in pass D too, feeble!) who LOST his gig midseason largely due to gross negative outcomes on that side of the ball?

GP should have been smart, laid low and partied for a season, and I'm sure an opportunity would have come for a HC job where he could "prove them/us" wrong on his way to 200Ws (while offending none of us in Frog Nation.) No, big ego took over and he is now in the enemy camp.

Circle the date in Austin, Coach Sony! (The sooner we forget CGP, the better sports fans.)
and you think GP is the one with the big ego? what a joke after you wrote all that....

Two things I have learned from this entire off-season - 1) our fans have a much higher opinion of our program's position in the CFB landscape and our new staff's ability to sell it than the rest of the college football community has of TCU and 2) those same fans have a much lower opinion of our former HC and his abilities than other schools and their coaching staffs have of GP.

froginmn

So in your view, one of the worst defensive coaches in our conference went to UT, and you think that's an unforgivably bad thing?

FrogBall09

You could ground the statue but either way it is just going to stand there so not much of a punishment, I'd try taking away it's iPad. If that doesn't work it's probably best for Statue to be melted and reshaped in the form of Sammy Baugh or LaDainian Tomlinson.
not tall enough for Sammy...

PurplFrawg

Administrator
“Gary Patterson spotted wearing burnt orange as Longhorns lose to Wildcats” would be a more appropriate headline.
How about a caption for this one:

R.f800fb7b3c61d41f78bd134e44aa6494