• The KillerFrogs

Fan Nation: Ex TCU Coach Gary Patterson Has Been Hired By Texas

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog

Ex TCU Coach Gary Patterson Has Been Hired By Texas​

Matt Galatzan

The Longhorns have added one of the best defensive minds in college football to their staff

AUSTIN -- After an up and down season on the field, the Texas Longhorns have been reshaping both their roster and their coaching staff, and have now possibly made the biggest addition yet.

On Tuesday night, former TCU head coach Gary Patterson was seen at the Longhorns men's basketball game vs. Kansas State in a suite alongside Horns athletic director Chris Del Conte -- decked out in burnt orange.

Read more at https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nc...-patterson-has-been-hired-by-texas/ar-AASVfmx

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
a260d7dd-34ee-46e7-b801-6e4ac3322e21-Texas_Longhorns_Patterson_1.jpg

“I gotta wear something!” the longtime, but now former, TCU coach told the American-Statesman from the suite. “Nothing’s official.”

Frozen Frog

It's one thing to move to a rival while still under contract. Patterson was terminated from TCU. If he still wants to coach that is up to him. I still think he would have better options than the job at UT. CDC has hired a few coaches that don't seem to jive with the big money base. It may just be a matter of time before CDC, Sark, and the rest of the football staff are gone.

I would also think if the UT defense doesn't improve it likely sits heavily on Patterson. He is going to be viewed as having the job to fix it, and I am not sure he will have any control. Best of luck to him. He's going to need it!

dawg

We will just have to get used to it. It is like your ex dating someone else. Life moves on.
It's one thing to move to a rival while still under contract. Patterson was terminated from TCU. If he still wants to coach that is up to him. I still think he would have better options than the job at UT.
These. We fired him, mid-season. When you dump your girlfriend, you can't get mad when you see her riding around in the rich kid across town's convertible. You move on, she moves on. That's how it goes.

As for me, I'll remember the good times, like this one. They'll be a reconciliation at some point down the line.

4439069.jpeg

WIN

Things have changed and mid seasons departures are now part of the game. Could care less the gp is at ut and now wish neither good luck. Not that i ever did.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
What did they do wrong?
Since I don’t know all of the inner workings, I really don’t know. It just seems it could have been handled more gracefully. He left a program so much stronger than he found it, 4 conferences later (if you include the blind date with the the Big East.). Even the declining wins and losses were better seasons than most of those in the SWC and in a tougher conference. It was like a mid season “thanks for the pretty stadium, campus, et al, we’re done with you”.
I’m sure GP’s bulldog temperament and hurt feeling played into it, but it doesn’t seem like a lot of planning or consideration was given to the demise of the most successful coach in the history of our school.

ReedFrawg

Ex TCU Coach Gary Patterson Has Been Hired By Texas​

Matt Galatzan

The Longhorns have added one of the best defensive minds in college football to their staff

AUSTIN -- After an up and down season on the field, the Texas Longhorns have been reshaping both their roster and their coaching staff, and have now possibly made the biggest addition yet.

On Tuesday night, former TCU head coach Gary Patterson was seen at the Longhorns men's basketball game vs. Kansas State in a suite alongside Horns athletic director Chris Del Conte -- decked out in burnt orange.

Read more at https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nc...-patterson-has-been-hired-by-texas/ar-AASVfmx

My two thoughts...
1 - it hurts to actually see it.

2 - thank you Gary for everything you did for TCU!